Labradors Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I totally forgot about getting Insurance for Jess, I only remembered this morning as she rolled off the sofa with a yelp, and was limping around for the next hour, but luckily she seems ok now, bless her..

Can anybody recommend an insurance company, the place that I got her from did give me a leaflet but for the life of me i cant find it..

Thanx

Laura

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Hi Laura,

I use Direct Line - and we pay £12.75 for the advanced cover (which I highly recommend)

We havent luckily claimed for Harvey, but we have claimed for one of the cats when she was hit by a car, and had to have an operation and they were excellent.

Best wishes

Fay

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks fay for the info I will check them out straight away.. She is still hobbling around bless her, but she is getting better, so i think maybe she has just twisted it or something, but may get her checked out anyways...

Laura

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Hi Laura,

No problem :)

Yes, I'm sure she will be fine, but best check it out!

Hope Jess gets better soon,

Best wishes

Fay

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi,

I got through Pet Plan which is linked to the kennel club for my insurance. I recently had to claim for £1200 for Ben and they were great they sent a cheque through in a few days. I think that there cover ranges from £7 to £20 something a month depending on what level of cover you want for your dog. Also they will cover your dog for LIFE which a lot of them won't. So make sure that the company you choose will cover you dog or after a year of treatment they will not pay out anymore!Happy hunting! :D

Cristina

·
Registered
71 Posts
Insurence

I use Sainsburys. It's a good price for lifetime cover and they are excellent when it comes to making a claim.

The one I would avoid is E&L, have heard lots of stories of unhappy customers!

Debbie :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanx everybody for your help, I will spend the next couple of hours going through them..

Thanx again

Laura x

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi Laura - I gotta say im with Cristina on this one... Petplan have been fabulous since sasha became ill last year. since last July, we have claimed back over £6,000 and not once have I had to argue our case. We pay about £15 a month, and there is a £4,000 claim limit per year, but this amount is reinstated every year, so you can carry on claiming for the same injury/illness year after year which is reassuring in our case!! I cant recommend them enough, and their staff are really helpful too!!

·
Registered
16,475 Posts
Hi
I have Hershey insured with pet Plan and I must admit they have been really good Hershey Snapped his Cruciate ligament and had to have an operation and also be on Tablets for life, they paid out and will keep paying out all I have to pay is my excess once a year.
Hershey is doing really well now and you would never know he had an operation on his leg he still thinks he is a puppy.
Happy hunting for the Insurance and make sure they will insure for life, as they get older the more you will spend at the Vets.... :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Re: Insurence

debbies said:
I use Sainsburys. It's a good price for lifetime cover and they are excellent when it comes to making a claim.

Debbie :)
Quick question about Sainsbury - obviously I want lifetime cover but when I spoke with Sainsbury the chap said it was a maximum of £6000 per condition.

So if my dog gets a condition requiring lots of ongoing treatment, they will only pay up to the maximum per condition.

Confused.

Anyone help me understand this a bit better, lol?

Jan

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'm with Direct Line having done a lot of research and looking through previous threads on LF.

Re. limp - did you get it checked out? Mario had an accident yesterday and although it's thankfully only a sprain, the vets gave him some anti-inflammatorys containing a mild painkiller. Certainly worth a visit for peace of mind.

Lucy and Mario x

1 - 13 of 13 Posts