Labradors Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so worried as I just found out that Oscar is technically uninsured. There was an error with the direct debit initiallly (my fault) but as soon as I realised something had gone wrong I contacted them and they assured me it was all fine now and Oscar was still covered.

When the money still wasn't taken from my account I called again and was told that I had cancelled the policy. I explained that i had not and was assured that it was all sorted. I rang again today having heard nothing for a couple of weeks and was again told that it was cancelled but somebody would call me to discuss it. Guess what, no call. I feel so worried.

If I go to another insurer it's common to exclude claims for conditions that occur within the first 3 weeks. Heaven forbid if something did happen and Oscar was uncovered. On the other hand if More than get their act together they may class it as a new policy anyway so he would still be uncovered for 3 weeks.

I'd rather go somewhere I can trust but don't know what to do for the best. My gut feeling is to arrange cover elsewhere as if they can't sort something simple like this out how will they ever cope with a claim. Also how can I trust them if they just reassure me again? It all seems so chaotic.

What would you do?

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
I think i'd ditch them, there might have been a problem with the direct debit but like you say they are taking ages to sort it.

Usually it's 14 days of nil cover for a new policy....been there, been unlucky and got the T-shirt :roll:

I'm sure with Oscar being young and so far healthy you'll be fine :)

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
I am with Direct Line and you are not covered for the first 14 days, I would arrange cover elsewhere to be honest :? If after 3 calls they dont have it sorted then I would not have much confidence in them anyway :(

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
i'd get back on the phone and demand they sort it out there and then and speak to a manager/supervisor!

thats if you want to stay with them! :evil: no wonder you'd be pee'd off

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Personally I`d find insurance elsewhere, they`ve proved that they are unreliable and as you say you can`t trust them now, they say they`ll do something and don`t.

As Sarah says its 14 days between you taking out a policy and it actually starting, you`ve been ok so far, so hopefully Oscar will be fine, just be extra careful what he gets up in the interim period :)

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
I have to say that I would be looking at changing insurance companies - I've had them mess up direct debits before but nothing like that...

If you still want Oscar to be insured with them - good cover/premium - then I would give them a last chance and in any event I would be making a formal complaint....

Good luck!

Eve Neo and Bramble

·
Registered
9,913 Posts
I am also with direct line and not so long ago i swapped banks and had a few missed payment due to direct debits going missing, then i had a letter saying that the policy was cancelled so i called them, they took my payment by card and hey presto all sorted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts