Labradors Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the third party liability on my AXA insurance policy for Max covers any damage done to a holiday cottage , or do we need to take out a seperate insurance policy for a week away , we have booked a holiday and the insurance they recommend for £27 a week includes car breakdown (which we don't need as we are in the AA), cancellation insurance (we don't need as we are going next week), and accidental damage (which is all we require really), it seems alot to pay for a week , and we don't really need all these things , can you recommend any or advise whether I am covered under my pet insurance.
Hopefully he will be a little angel and not cause any damage anyway , but best to be covered anyway !! :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
Hi

I think you should find that your pet insurance policy will cover it - but the excess is likely to be something horrendous like £250. If I were you I would give your insurers a ring and ask whether property damage would be covered and if so what the excess is.

Having found that out, I would then phone the compnay you are going on holiday with, ask for a contact no to discuss the policy and ask them how much the excess is...

And then decide - you may decide that if there is a nil excess or £50 that the £27 is worth it for peace of mind, but if the excess is £200 or more then you may well decide there is no gain - and of course your own excess on your policy may be less...

If it helps I have taken both of my two to holiday cottages (and various B and B's) and there has never been any damage - well apart from the hot chocolate that Bramble fancied one night - I thought someone else had brought hot choc upstairs - imagine my horror when I put the light on (as the smell was lingering) to see hot choc powder all over a setters face and nicely rubbed into pale green carpet!!!!! I was soo embarrassed the next morning - the chap was very good, and said that firstly the carpet was about to be replaced and that he would have a go at cleaning it and if he failed he would then let me try (I'd asked for water and cleaning stuff to clean!) Apparently it came off with plain water...

I've never thought to take out additional insurance and have SO FAR not needed it!!!

Have a great holiday!

Eve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts