Labradors Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone any advice of multi dog insurance.

Ours was with Tesco's and was £18.60 a month for the two, Juat had the renewal and it has gone up to £38.33 a month. I know I had a small claim for Sam this year of about £400 but this seems excess.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I've just changed from Tesco after a similar increase - again I has one small claim in the last twelve months.

I've changed to Direct Line who want £16 per month for both ogs.

·
Registered
757 Posts
They reel us in don't they and then hike up the price when it comes to the renewal. 8O Cheeky buggers!

I've got my Cavalier insured with 'Healthly Pets', it may not be the best cover and i've not had to claim, but have read good reviews about them and my renewal only went up by £1. I've still yet to get insurance for Wispa, nearly 10 months on...... and after a very hefty £300 vets bill!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Im with directline aswell - £19 for 2 dogs. Molly costs us a little bit more because of her age and background (ex breeding bitch).

·
Registered
10,913 Posts
I went with Markies... am sure it was £14 last year per dog... this year is gone up to £16 something and I didn't claim :(

I guess they have you whatever!!!

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
I'm with direct line too, the advanced policy or extra or whatever it's called, but £30 for 2 dogs.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I've never claimed on my Tesco's insurance but I still find that the policy has gone through the roof. I've told Tescos to stick their insurance and I've opened a bank account and I'm now putting money into it every month as a doggie hospital fund. Until the time comes when I will have the funds in that account, I have an un-used credit card at hand in case of emergencies.

It just amazes me how companies that are doing well through this recession can still try to rip us off! They are no better than leaches. :evil:

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I have got insurance through Direct Line and its £21.67 for exactly the same cover as I had with Tesco insurance.

£12 a month in my pocket is better than in theirs!!!!!

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
its the same like for like as I took out with Tesco cover wise. The only slight diference is that the excess is £80 rather than £60 which I dont mind.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi Jayne,

Not sure if you've already got this sorted, but worth checking out the Defaqto rating when comparing insurance plans, Defaqto is an independent research company that compares all financial products.

I've included the Defaqto ratings on the insurers listed on my site (link in sig) so that might be of some help. If you need any extra help feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to help.

Thanks,
Greg

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
hope i am not stating the obvious but price of most insurance policy vaires re: age and breed but most likely by the area of the country you live in too

1 - 14 of 14 Posts