Labradors Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Cadbury is with me in the den and the cat wants to come through the catflap in the same room but won't because of the dog.

So I open the window and call her in that way, but because the dog has twigged this he is at my feet and she won't jump down from the window. So I grab her to get her out the door, she turns from the most placid puss to a spitting ball of fury and scratches to pieces my left hand.

It is now plastered up because it was bleeding quite a bit, but Cadbury can smell the savlon and keeps trying to investigate it.

My right hand is better but a nice bruise is developing. But I have had my three bits of bad luck because I banged my head on a shelf yesterday as well.

So hopefully that's all done with :(

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
You seem to be having a traumatic few days Sophie what with Cads snapping his collars and so on 8O

Is your tetanus shot up to date?, I say that cos cat scratches can very quickly become infected so keep an eye on them and if they don`t nheal in a few days I`d suggest going to the doc or A&E to get them looked at.

I always make sure I`ve got a hold of CJ when my cat is wanting in (I have 3 but only one goes out), if he can see i`ve got the got he`ll dart in and hare off upstairs :D

·
Premium Member
5,462 Posts
There are some days when it would have been better to just have stayed in bed :(

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I'm up to date on tetanus jabs, Mary. But I don't deserve sympathy as it was my own stupid fault for thinking I could get her past the dog without her going mental.

Cadbury got really upset after I was hurt, do you think he realised something had happened?

Anyway, I have this long plaster on my palm cos the scratch was in an awkward place and I just went to PaH to get Cadbury a new collar and I was telling the girl at the till about yesterday's accident and the chap behind me in the queue must have seen my plastered hand and I heard him turn to his wife and say "Have you seen that girl's hand?"

He probably thought I'd had stitches or something :lol:

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
You poor thing, it has been rather a bad few days for you :(

As you say that's three things now so hopefully the end of it.

Wishing you an accident free 2009. xx

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Sophie, have you thought about lion taming as a career/hobby .... less dangerous :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
I am beginning to think that owning pets should come with a government health warning attached. :roll:

You are certainly having a run of bad luck at the moment, so lets hope it comes to an end now and your hands get a chance to heal up properly.

I too have been bitten and scratched to pieces by my cat, usually if I am pushing him into the cat box to go to the vet, or trying to give him his worming pill 8O :twisted: I have also had Charlie do things like pull me over, slam full tilt into the front of my shins when playing with another lab, leaving a shiney bruise and a huge lump which took months to go, knock me over by slamming into the backs of my legs (causing me to sit down in the mud).

Who on earth would want to have pets?! :twisted: :lol:

Helen.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sophie, have you thought about lion taming as a career/hobby .... less dangerous
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks guys, both hands are on the mend and the rest of me is just a little stiff - and yes, pets should have health warnings attached!

Still love 'em to bits though - Cadbury now has a soft nylon collar for in the house, a half-check for out walking (in the vain hope that he might not be able to break metal chain), but being the woose I am I've left it quite loose so that even when the chain tightens I can still get my fingers through it, so he won't be strangled! Also, he can wear it in conjunction with his halti.

And finally I have invested in a slip lead for emergencies - good job I like buying collars and leads isn't it? :D

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
Aww Sophie you have my sympathy - hope this is your run of bad luck over for 2009...

If its any consolation I have had scratches right down my back from neck to waist where a cat decided to use me as a jumping off board to get half way up the stairs in one leap.....

Hope you are fully healed soon

Eve Neo and Bramble

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OUCH, Eve 8O

Yeah, I've had the odd one like that! On the whole though I'm feeling very upbeat and merry, so things can't be bad :p

Happy 2009

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
ur brave soph i wudnt go near smokey if she was scared incase she attacked me! its bad enough wen she nips me to say 'enough with the fuss'

bless cadbury wantin to no wats happened! i love him :0)

hope ur feelin better ! xx

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Oh no you have had a bit of a run of it haven't you?

Whilst not as bad as your injuries I can sympathise, I am constantly covered in scratches and bruises from my lot.

Hope you heal up soon and that is the end of it for you.

Cats and Dogs, who'd av em.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Brave Kerry, is when your new siamese kitten walks through acrylic paint and splatters it across herself and you attempt to wash it off in the bathroom sink. Needless to say one soaked cat later and my arm was fairly well lacerated. She hid under a bush in the garden for an hour! That was the last time, up until now I have ever been scratched by her.

Btw, hope you had a good Christmas and New Years and that Buster got loads of pressies.

Thanks Jammy17, I'm feeling much better now even if it does hurt to wear gloves. :(

·
Registered
64 Posts
hope your hand heals quickly

my kitten did something similar when it was tiny, he had decided to jump in the bath i was running, to investigate the bubbles, decided mid jump he didnt really wanna see them that close and tried to jump back and landed in the water i tried to grab him and ended up with 3 deep slashes in the palm of my hand, now he only goes in the bath if he knows theres no water in it lol

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I always seemed to get scratched when I am trying to help the cat! They are completely untrusting creatures, unlike our faithful dogs :wink:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts