Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think most of us will agree that there is a lot of emotion behind this portrait of dear Lilly,that I've just completed for Natalie and Gary.
I know that Lilly is sadly no longer with us,and her story is so sad,so I've tried to paint a portrait that helps in some way, to make sure that she lives on for ever....so this is my rendition of Lilly...from photo to portrait...
She measures 16" x 12",and painted in acrylic....with loving care!! :D

M

·
0 Posts
I said it on FB too. Julian we are very lucky to have you to paint such beautiful pictures of our furbabies.

Jayne xx

·
Premium Member
21,240 Posts
Once again, Julian, both Gary and I are speechless, it has been a hard few weeks, and since we got back her ashes on Friday it has been a little harder, looking at the small packet that contain her remains and remembering the life that once was.

This portrait will be hung alongside the one you did of our darling Tara, who as you know we also lost at a young age of 11 months.

Having them immortalised in this way helps with the healing process, to look at the paintings bring back memories of happier times.

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts x

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you so much everybody for your kind compliments....Lilly has been a lovely portrait to paint,and a very special one, in view of the circumstances of her departure to Rainbow Bridge....

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
PaddyOsc said:
Really brilliant, I just have to agree with all of the previous comments, I too agree you are a very special member of our Labrador Forums having brought so much pleasure with your wonderful talent to so many.
Take Care.
Gary and Toby.
Thank you so much Gary.That really is such a lovely thing to say.I am very lucky though,in that I am asked to paint such appealing and handsome subjects !! Not gorgetting that I very,very much enjoy painting our labradors/pets !! :D

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Wonderful talent, stunning painting.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I saw this on FB and I have to say its absolutely stunning. It brought a tear to my eye as she's so beautiful, Lilly will be remembered and this portrait brings out her wonderful soul. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts