Labradors Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not for me...before anyone jumps to conclusions :wink: .

I've got 18 months to find the right Chocolate girly pup for a very good friend of mine. My friend already has a Choccie girl who is 7 now, but she now wants another pup when she finishes Uni.

Ok, here comes the tricky bit. My friend thinks her girl is pretty much the perfect shape, size and style and so wants another just like her, but this time she wants one from health tested stock and she wants a biddable one (her girl Marley lives up to her name ;) ).

I've been looking around for a while, but nothing seems to fit the bill. So many Chocs are very heavily built, have baggy, saggy skin or Whopping Floppy Chops, and like me, that type just doesn't "do it" for her.

So I'm putting a piccy or two of Marley here, in the hope that someone can point me in the direction of a breeder who breeds Choccies similar to her.

My friend has proved to be a very dedicated dog owner (I'd have given up trying to train Marley years ago :lol: ), who loves training and doing Agility (when Marley is in the mood) and this is her plan for her new girl. We just need to find her new girl now...but at least we have 18 months to do so. 8)

Answers on a postcard please....Or you could just pm me here or on FB, if you have any ideas where we can find a suitable brown pupster ;) Cheers.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Grange mead and styleside are both working chocolate breeders.

I think I'm right in saying Di's tom has grangemead behind him. I'd personally be looking at tom and the bitches that come to him and going from there. Tom is an ace dog :)

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I know a lovely looking working chocolate at agility - I dont know the lines/health tests behind him, though, I've just seen him around - but I could ask the owner where he came from if you like?

Angela

?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Indy_Pendence said:
I know a lovely looking working chocolate at agility - I dont know the lines/health tests behind him, though, I've just seen him around - but I could ask the owner where he came from if you like?

Angela
Ooo thanks Angela, that would be useful :D .

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
And actually - I think Angela Tonkinson's Bonnie is not too dissimilar? There should be quite a few photos of her on facebook from our GTs.

Angela

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Shes a Tom daughter clone. Have facebook'd you, but half presuming as we have known each other donkeys we must be too far away or something.

Di

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
That photo is just like a young Coco (she's put a bit of weight on since then and whilst only 22kg she does look a little bit stockier than Marley). Sadly Coco's breeder isn't having any more litters because she feels too old to be breeding any more.

If you find anything suitable let me know, I'd like another one in the next year or so (but would consider other colours too).

?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Coco-Loco said:
If you find anything suitable let me know, I'd like another one in the next year or so (but would consider other colours too).
Will do, although I think we're looking for something a wee bit bigger than your little girl. Marley is about 32kg and a tall lass (about 23" and a good bit taller than both my girls), which is what we'll need if she is to compete at Agility as a Large. The smaller ones, like my Pickle, struggle with the striding between the jumps at that height.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I've never been a huge fan of chocolates I really liked Di's Tom when we met him at Crufts. My friend and I were really impressed with him both in type and nature:)

Eileen

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
_Jules_ said:
Coco-Loco said:
Will do, although I think we're looking for something a wee bit bigger than your little girl. Marley is about 32kg and a tall lass (about 23" and a good bit taller than both my girls), which is what we'll need if she is to compete at Agility as a Large. The smaller ones, like my Pickle, struggle with the striding between the jumps at that height.
Yes, Coco measures large at KC agility but won't jump 26", I don't think her shorter legs are meant for jumping.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Brown labrador

Hi Jules I will pm you with a breeder not too sure on size but the breeder I got my two from says they breed the finest chocs!
Del

·
Registered
173 Posts
Brown labrador

Hi Jules I will pm you with a breeder not too sure on size but the breeder I got my two from says they breed the finest chocs!
Del

·
Registered
173 Posts
Brown labrador

Del

·
Registered
173 Posts
Re: Brown labrador

llanny2 said:
Del

Sorry not sure why this sent three times! Maybe lack of sleep and migraines!
Del

?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Coco-Loco said:
Yes, Coco measures large at KC agility but won't jump 26", I don't think her shorter legs are meant for jumping.
That's the problem I have with Pickle. She falls well within the Large category, but at 20" the jumps are 6" taller than her. She'll jump a few, but once she starts to get tired, she runs underneath them instead (not so silly, eh). :roll: :lol: This is why we need a taller dog for my friend, not only to make the striding better, but so the jumps don't seem so big for her.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts