Labradors Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just registered, have a 6 year old nearly 7 chocolate labrador bitch called amber. Me and my fiancee work fulltime we walk her morning and night but considering getting another dog to keep her company while we are at work. My fiancees mum takes her out at dinner time ish while we are at work. Would getting another dog be a good idea?

G

·
Can't help with the getting another dog thing I'm afraid (we're still trying to cope with just the one!) just wanted to say welcome!!

Anita & Rueben
xXx

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Hello and welcome!

I work near enough full time too. I'm not able to get home at lunchtime, so I have a dog walker who takes mine out.

Can't really advise on the 2nd dog - other than to say it's probably best not to get a second dog if the sole reason is to keep the first company while you're out.... but if it's because you want another dog for yourselves first and foremost, and you have the time and money for another, then yeah, maybe. Would your fiance's mum be ok with walking 2 dogs at lunchtime?

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Hello :)

We adopted our first rescue when we worked full-time away from home (going back at lunchtime).

I did want a second dog not long after, but my main reason at the time of getting one was that I didn't like leaving the first dog on their own all day as I feel most dogs benefit from company. I appreciate others may disagree.

Are you thinking of adopting a rescue dog?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts