Labradors Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this and just stumbled across this site yesterday. My name is Amanda and I am the very proud owner of two Choc Labs called George and Charlie. They are brothers and cannot bear to be parted from one another. They are now nearly three and are my babies. I've had them since they were puppies. They have the cutest personalities and surprisingly are so different from each other.
(I'm hoping the picture shows)

You'll definitely be hearing more from me and the cute things my boys do!

Take care
Amanda :D

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi Amanda! Glad you joined us. What a great pic - you can see some personality going on there for sure! :-D

Looking forward to hearing more about your babies.....

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Welcome Amanda,

Welcome too, to George and Charlie! I love their names. Tell me, what's it like looking after two labs? It's lovely they are brothers and have each other for company too, i bet they have hours of fun playing together!

It's interesting hearing about their different personalities, i would like to hear all about them :)

Hope you have fun on the site,

I look forward to chatting to you again,

Bye for now

Julie
aka Bradleysmum

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the welcomes!

Well my boys are truly my babies. Had a bit of a scare yesterday with them, seems they secretively have a slat in the fence that they nudge aside without you noticing and go for 'walkies' on their own. Well I got called by the dog warden yesterday afternoon to say he had my boys. I was panicked as they were taken to Dartford as I was at work in Central London AND I dont have a car. Fortunately the lady from Pet Pals who dog sits them was able to help me rescue my boys from prison :) So all is well. They seemed so happy though like they had had one big adventure! Silly boys. I've double checked everything and made sure I secured the fence again.

I must say it is wonderful to have two (but hard work too) I wonder how they would manage without each other. They are completely devoted to each other and will not even be walked separately (not a good thing I know but an adorable thing nevertheless) They watch out for each other.

George (aka Georgie Porgie) is the more dominant one but doesnt like to be alone. Charlie on the other hand (aka Mr Brown/ Charlie Brown) loves to sit outside for hours alone just looking into the other gardens and poking his nose in all the flowers. George is bossy and has to be centre of attention but Charlie is such a softy. Just a big hunk of love. He is even slightly more chunky than George.

Charlie does not bark very often but boy does he know how to yawn loud enough to wake the house! And when he eats he always makes that smacking noise onces he has finished. Whereas George has to wipe him mouth on the carpet when he has finished.George loves to talk. He 'speaks' on command and loves his photo being taken - he will pose (he is the one who looks like he is smiling for the camera) I think Charlie was the runt of the litter has he has a smaller face and more pointy.

Their food likes and dislikes differ to. Which is quite funny. And Charlie is a snacker. He wont eat his food all at once but instead takes 'snack breaks'. He'll be playing and will stop for a nibble and run on.

They are actually both very good with their food. They dont eat their food at once and always leave some to have during the day. George is excellent at catching the ball and Charlie cant catch for dear life but is brilliant playing fetch. They know basic commands and I am working on getting them to walk properly. They do know cute things like identifying people if I say 'Where is...' they will find that person. And if I ask 'Where are the noo noos' (our cute word for insects) they stare at the ceiling looking for insects.

My poor babies are going to be neutred tomorrow so its been quite a week of adventure for them.

Sorry this is really long but as you can tell I am mad about my boys and could go on forever given half a chance!! :D

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi Amanda

Glad to hear your boys are home safe and sound - quite an adventure there! Is Pet Pals a dog-sitting service?

Smudge has escaped a couple of times but only into our cul-de-sac. Once he was following a neighbour who was putting his wheelie bin away and the next time he was trying to play football with the young lad across the road! Poor boy looked terrified actually as Smudge was jumping up so I did feel guilty! Hopefully we have secured his escape route now!

All the best,
Nicola.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are all the same aren't they! Sense of adventure. From the stories I heard from the people that found them and the dog warden - my boys seemed to have had the adventure of their lives!

Yes PetPals is a pet sitting service. I use Greenwich PetPals and Sharon who runs it is fantastic. They do day sits where the dogs go out walking often during the day with other dogs and they go swimming. Or overnights for if I am on holiday. They love it. Its like being at home with all the home comforts.

Pet Pals is based all over. Highly recommended. Mine go once a week with her and then overnights when I am away.

http://www.petpals.co.uk/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts