Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! My name is Pat and I live in Ohio, USA. I have one yellow Labrador named Zoe and one Golden Retriever named Sandi.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Hi Pay and welcome to the site.

We seem to be attracting quite a few US members :)

How old are your lab and retriever ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Lab is 3 1/2 and my Retriever is 7 years old. I must say my Retriever if far less mischievous then my Lab.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello! I'm new too, as of 5 minutes ago. I have a 9 year old yellow lab who came to us 4 years ago from the Labrador Rescue Trust. He's an absolute sweetheart and very nearly the perfect pet! :D

I would like to ask other Lab fan's opinions on the best way to handle one aspect of his behaviour - should I post it here, or should I post it in the "behaviour and training" section (there seem to be a lot fewer posters there...)? Thank you.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hello! I'm new too, as of 5 minutes ago. I have a 9 year old yellow lab who came to us 4 years ago from the Labrador Rescue Trust. He's an absolute sweetheart and very nearly the perfect pet!

I would like to ask other Lab fan's opinions on the best way to handle one aspect of his behaviour - should I post it here, or should I post it in the "behaviour and training" section (there seem to be a lot fewer posters there...)? Thank you

Hi Jakes_Pet,

Welcome to the site. 8)

We would welcome any posts regarding the behavoiur aspect in the behaviour and training section, that way, you'll probably get a lot more people answer your post.

Your lab sounds lovely.. do you have any photos you can put on the galleries?

Have fun

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thank you! Somewhere I do have some pix of Jake - just been looking and can't find them :? - think they were backed up to a CDRom... hmmm. I'll post under behaviour and see what happens!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Thank you! Somewhere I do have some pix of Jake - just been looking and can't find them - think they were backed up to a CDRom... hmmm. I'll post under behaviour and see what happens

Great stuff...hope you find them, these computers hey!!! :roll:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello All!!

Im new here and wanted to say Hi :p

My name is Paul, I have a Black Lab Retriever called Buster who's 4 and half years old, he's my shadow truth be told! He comes everywhere with me when possible and is always a hit with the kids around here.

I live with my Partner, 2 Siamese cats and 1 Black Moggie.

Keep up the great work guys!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Im new here and wanted to say Hi

My name is Paul, I have a Black Lab Retriever called Buster who's 4 and half years old, he's my shadow truth be told! He comes everywhere with me when possible and is always a hit with the kids around here.

I live with my Partner, 2 Siamese cats and 1 Black Moggie.

Keep up the great work guys
Hi Buster, (or Paul should i say!)

Welcome!! :D

Glad you found the site, good to have you with us. Hope you will have lots of fun on the site, please feel free to post on the forums as much as you like, if you have any queries don't hesitate to ask. :)

A black lab hey, gorgeous i bet. Good name too, Buster! I like it. :p

Do you have any photos? The photo galleires are getting nice and busy now..take a look...we would love to have a pic of Buster too. :wink:

Chat again soon
Bye for now,
Bradleysmum

·
Registered
14 Posts
New!!

Hi,

My name is Lisa and i have a nine month old chocolate lab called Coco!

When i was 5 years old my mum got me a black lab for my birthday and we grew up together. Her name was Zoe and i admire my mum for being able to control her and my brother who was a year younger and myself.
At the age of 13 she was not having a particularly good life and unfortunatly the best and most humane thing was to put her to sleep.
It was an upsetting time.

After 12 years and being able to provide a secure loving ho,e i decided to get Coco.
I have realised that i know very little about bringing up dogs! :oops: (although if i do say so myself i have not made a bad job of my children!)

We are currently enroled in a training course which she thoroughly enjoys but i have a few questions that i will post to the relevent forums. I hope that this site will bring me closer to being a perfect owner, well near enough. A better, greater understanding of my loving, hyper-active companion!!

Thanks

Lisa

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi,

My name is Lisa and i have a nine month old chocolate lab called Coco!
Hi Lisa (& Coco :D ),

Good to see you here. I have chocolate lab called Kane.

I am sure that if you have any questions there will always be someone here to help out & offer some advice if you need it.... 8)

Have you got any pix of Coco for the gallery?

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
We are currently enroled in a training course which she thoroughly enjoys but i have a few questions that i will post to the relevent forums. I hope that this site will bring me closer to being a perfect owner, well near enough. A better, greater understanding of my loving, hyper-active companion!!

Hi Lisa & Coco, :hello2:

I'd like to wish you a warm welcome to labradorforums, good to have you & coco join us. We've got some great names coming in now for our labs, i love the name Coco!

I bet that was the coolest birthday present you ever recieved in your life, when your mum got you a lab when you were 5, how lovely. I'd be very interested to learn more about the training course you take Coco to, and how she gets on. If you wouldn't mind, perhaps you could post something in the training tips section, of what she learns and how you both get on, that would be great. :)

The site has only been running for a month now, but has already got so many contributions from all the members, it's becoming a great font of knowledge for lab owners of all different experience levels. We are also new to the bringing up of puppy life, we have Bradley, a 5 month old black lab, who we learn more about, each and every day. :animaldog:

I look forward to talking to you again, i'm sure we can all learn from each other, and in the end, we will be the perfect owners for our labs, :wink: and the labs our perfect pets.

Hope you enjoy the site Lisa.
I look forward to hearing more about Coco, and seeing her pic.
P.S How old is she?
Regards
Julie
Bradleysmum

·
Registered
14 Posts
Coco is currently enroled in cdts (Cranbourne dog training school) and she has been twice, unfortunately now that she has come in to season we will just have to watch!
To start of with they work on the assumption that the dog will do anythng for food (quite rightly) and use it as a persuasion tool. So, to teach your dog to sit you hold the food on there nose and say sit and then tuck there legs under them, you do not push there bottom down.
Then from there to lie down is simply holding the food in front of the dog, give the command down and then place it down and then drag it out in front of them in an L shape. Hopefully they should follow the food with there eyes, if they want the food they have to go down to eat it.

I have posted some pictures on the choc labs phot gallery of Coco, they are not recent!
She wsa then 3 months old and is now 9. As soon as i have some up to date pics i will show her off :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi!
My name is Sarah. My Boyfriend Mark and I, have gorgeous chocolate Lab called Oliver. He's 2 years old and is huge. He just seems to keep on growing!

He's got such a funny personality. He loves tickles, playing fetch, trips to grandma's in the car, FOOD, more FOOD, Mums FOOD, Mums shoes and socks, and especially his friend Chester. Chester lives down the street and is a yellow Lab, only 4 months older than Oliver. They love to play and wrestle.

We took Ol to puppy training and he picked up the basics super quick. After a couple of months he was bored, but he is a good boy. He has his moments, but don't they all ?

Some people think i'm odd as Ol has his own bedroom, but he loves it. He has all his things in there, and some days when he's really tired he goes there to chill out and get some peace and quiet.

This web site is Fab, i'm addicted already. Keep up the good Work!!!!

Sarahxxx

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi Sarah,

Welcome to the forum. Glad you like it. I am looking forward to Kane (my chocolate Lab) getting a bit older. He seems to be growing by the day!! 8)

Saw your other post as well. Kane is a real handful at the moment but wouldn't change that for anything....he is always looking tosee what mischief he can get up to next :D

Have you got any pix of Oliver for the gallery? I have put some pix of Kane in there.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
He's got such a funny personality. He loves tickles, playing fetch, trips to grandma's in the car, FOOD, more FOOD, Mums FOOD, Mums shoes and socks, and especially his friend Chester. Chester lives down the street and is a yellow Lab, only 4 months older than Oliver. They love to play and wrestle.
Hello Sarah & Mark, and of course Oliver :D

Great to have you with us, welcome to labforums. :D

Oliver sounds like a beauty, and i think its fantastic he even has his own room, i bet he loves it. They all need a place to chill out dont they, excellent idea if you have the space. I love the 'food, food, mums food & socks' bit..that made me laugh, i know what they're like, we have a 5 month old black lab, he's the life and sole of the party, so to speak!
:wink:

I'm glad you like the site, we've got a good number of members now, and its growing everyday, which is great.

Enjoy the site, and i look forward to talking to you again soon,

Bye for now
Julie
Bradleysmum 8)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Brian and Kane.

Just had a nosey on your website. I live in a small Village on the east coast just outside Hull (Not too far away). We're really close to the beach, and we take take Ol on long walks which eventually Tire him out. Does Kane sleep quite alot at the moment ? My advice is make the most of it. Soon there'll be no stopping him! lol!

Does Kane like to hide things? Yesterday I was late for work as oliver hid my glasses with all his toys, and I couldn't find them so couldn't see to drive.

Kane is a fab name, and its such a lovely story how it came about. I felt sad to hear about Alfie. Olivers KC name is Robbie the Rogue. Suits him to a tee.

Its so nice to hear from other owners which are as mad about their labs as we are.

Sarahx

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi Sarah,

Does Kane sleep quite alot at the moment ?
He seems to have his moments..gets up eats, goes out, plays, goes out, sleeps, wakes up, goes out, plays, goes out, sleeps......etc 8)

Does Kane like to hide things?
He loses things under the sofa & the table but I think that is because he shoves them under there trying to destroy them :shock:

The name was my Uncles idea after Alfie died. It seems to suit him although he gets called various other names sometimes :razz:

Kane's KC name is Foxisle Chunky Chocolate!!

I think you have to be a bit mad to have a lab sometimes. Certainly makes Kane feel at home. I look forward to seeing what everyone else has posted on here & find it usefull as well. There is so many knowledgable people out there.

Have you got any pics of Oliver to post in the gallery?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts