Labradors Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I thot id introduce myself im Laura, and I am just about 2 get my pup this weekend she has just turned 8 weeks ... does anyone have any gud advice for me?

Thanx

Laura x

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Hi Laura
Welcome to the forum.
Have you got a copy of Gwen Baileys A Perfect Puppy?
There's lots of info in the forum. If you have anything specific ask away - you can also use the search facility.
:)

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Hi Laura - get plenty of sleep today and tonight - you'll need it :lol:

I'm sure you'll have a great time with your new pup - hard work but well worth the effort.

Cheers,

Paul & Shadow.

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Hi Laura :)

Welcome to the forum :)

Bet you're excited about your puppy arriving!

We've had Harvey now 8 weeks, and all I can say is this site has been fantastic, with answers to every imaginable question or problem you may have. In fact it gets a bit addictive :)

Everyone is so friendly, so don't be afraid to ask!

Good luck!

Fay

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Hi laura,welcom to the forum and good luck with your new pup,and Fay is right this forum is addictive and someone is always willing to help and you will never feel alone while you are on here,take care,Lynne.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx everybody, your all so kind, I am sure I will have a zillion questions once she is home, the only problem I am having at the moment is naming her lol, I went to get a boy and fell in love with a bitch, so all my names went out the window and have to start all over again..

laura

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Be prepared for some hard work and have a lot of patience - but you will have a great time.

We've had our choc pup Corbie for nearly three months - picked him up at 7 weeks old - and I wouldn't be without him now. He made himself at home straightaway :D .

I have done some training almost everyday with him since he was about 8 weeks old which he enjoys. Only short sessions. Toilet training needs to be started straightaway, and keep at it - they do get there eventually! :)

Another valuable piece of equipment was his crate - we were lucky that he went straight into it as soon as we set it up and we never heard a noise from him at night. I got him a 48" crate this week as he'd outgrown his other one which we were borrowing. It's huge at the moment for him, but he's happy with it - he only sleeps in it at night or i put him in it if we go out but we're never out for more than 3 hours.

Enjoy your bundle of fun!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hi Laura

I second what Karen says. I found my crate invaluable. It helps a lot with toilet training.

I was dubious at first as it seemed cruel but he loves it. I got my first one from Argos but bought a larger one 48" from Ebay.

Make sure that you have all the necessaries beforehand, eg puppy food -check with breeder what they use, toys, cuddly toy for them to snuggle up to, bowls, bedding, collar, little treats, crate, plenty of kitchen roll!

There is lots of advice already on this board but just ask if need any help.

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi Laura,

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you are looking forward to getting your new pup, I know i was excited for weeks, then he arrived and i was knackered :lol: Like paul said make sure you get lots of sleep while you can as its going to be like having a new baby in the house!! Hope all goes well and you don't have to many sleepless nights :D

Cristina

1 - 9 of 9 Posts