Labradors Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi am I right in thinking next years Championship is in Oxfordshire next year and do we know dates it is on

·
Administrator
20,488 Posts
Not heard yet where it is. I've been to look on the IGL website but nothing's there yet. Interesting you say Oxfordshire, I wonder where??? It would be a new venue if it is because to my knowledge it's not been there before. The nearest regular would be Windsor in Berkshire.

Regards, John

·
Administrator
20,488 Posts
Arr, that would be more likely than Oxfordshire Jill. Last time at Windsor was 2001 so it's probably around time for it to come back. You never know, I might be able to go, at least for one day.

Regards, John

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
Well I'd like to be there in a slightly different capacity. We can but dream ;) . There's going to be a lot of hard work going on between now and then to try to achieve it though.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
this is a very stupid question, is anyone allowed to go and watch? are there tickets etc :oops:
Windsor is definitely near enough and I'd love to go and watch

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
Yes you can go and watch but you have to be at the stated meeting point at the stated time ie. you can't just turn up when you like. Once everyone moves off you stand zero chance of finding them.

The gallery is very crowded nowdays. I'm sure JohnW and I can remember when it was much smaller, so its quite difficult to see what's going on and from past visits to Windsor I'd say its not the best for viewing. You see a lot more on the Paul French videos that are produced.

But yes the answer to your question is you can just turn up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah thanks I think you are right it is Windsor next year think I may go along and watch be nice to see

·
Administrator
20,488 Posts
The head keeper there, John Stubbs, retired at the 2001 and as I'm not able to get to training in the park now I dont know who the head keeper is now. John often used to come round for a chat while I was taking one of the classes, but not having been able to get there for so long I'm a bit out of touch.

Regards, John

·
Registered
601 Posts
JohnW said:
Arr, that would be more likely than Oxfordshire Jill. Last time at Windsor was 2001 so it's probably around time for it to come back. You never know, I might be able to go, at least for one day.

Regards, John
Last time at Windsor was actually 2007! (when Tess Lawrence won, and received the trophy from the Queen)

·
Administrator
20,488 Posts
Last time at Windsor was actually 2007! (when Tess Lawrence won, and received the trophy from the Queen)
Woops sorry, you're right Laura. I thumbed through the DVD's and stopped when I found the 2001 DVD. :)

Regards, John

1 - 13 of 13 Posts