Labradors Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's meant to be a beautiful day tomorrow and I am very keen to get out of our local area and do something nice - and I really want to include Chewy in our day out.

I have decided we will go to Stratford-up-on-Avon and give the Chewymonster a bit of Shakespearean culture (As Chew Like it, Much AChew about nothing, Taming of the Chew, Romeo and Chewliet - yes it is painfully clear I need to get out more:) )
We can walk along the river, there is a nice big field and there are lots of cafes with outdoor seating so we can even get some lunch.

Anyone else got any ideas of places you can take your doggies for nice days out? Or even actitivies you can do with them? I get bored of spending all my weekends at home with walks to the local woods, but my OH is always reluctant to take the dog places - where as I would surgically attach her to my side if I could.

I wanted to go some agility classes with her this summer but can't find any in my local area - other than one that is all serious and competitivey!

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Not a million miles from you but a bit of a trek..

One of our favourite things is to head to either:-
A village called Whichford in the Cotswolds (not too far from Stratford on Avon). There's a cracking walk up through the local forest and down again and this brings you nicely to the Norman Knight which is very dog friendly and serves a pucker bit of tucker

Alternatively, just outside Burford is The Inn For All Seasons which has brilliant fields to walk in at the back, a lovely resident German Shepherd and again does some spot on food.

This weekend I am hoping to actually swim with Judy. At our hydro session today the instructor encouraged me to go for it and I am -- she's bet me a five Judy will hen any race over a length!

·
Premium Member
3,169 Posts
I haven't been for many years, but, have you ever been to Waseley Hills Country park??(Bromsgrove, just off the M5) check it out on "google", it is a doggy friendly place :D

Chel and Dilys xxx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts