Labradors Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all, I was wondering if anyone has advice on best toys for (asbo) pup holly we have got ropes, nylabones, etc. but she prefers Meg's (older lab) tail and ears and when she's out of the way she is launching herself at us humans oh and i think i'm taking the christmas tree down today before she pulls it over, or elecricutes herself by chewing the lights, even tho i only let her in that room under supervision she is soooo fast. seriously tho my main concern is that my mam who lives with us is on warfarin to prevent blood clotting as she had a mild stroke and the way holly goes to bite everything in site concerns me cos mam bleeds very easily even tho she like the rest of us adores her already. We all try to stop her by giving her a toy instead of a finger or nose to bite on and "yelping" when she does it. We didn't get meg our old lab until she was 4 months and i don't remember her being like this is it perhaps a choc lab thing to like human flesh ha ha.
thanx
carole

·
Premium Member
21,240 Posts
You are not alone and it isn't just Lab pups that are like enormous Pirahna fish either :lol: my Wolfhound pup loves to nip and run when she gets the chance and gets easily bored with her toys, to be fair the nip and run or chew on a human apendage is down to attention seeking and boredom with whatever toy she just happened to be playing with.

I found that the best option is to get as many different types of toy, tuggies, squeekies, balls, chews you name it and put them in a box, and when she gets bored with one, get a different type, play hide and seek with them, throw them, mental stimulation is what they need :wink:

·
Registered
15 Posts
If all else fails, make sure your puppy's toys have an appealing scent to them too - we find putting a little spread of stinky paté onto his teething ring helps him focus on it!

As for kongs - a bit of stinky cream cheese in there and he's away!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts