Labradors Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a bit dusty in here, I'll get the feather duster out and make a cuppa. If anyone wants to join in for a natter you're more than welcome. I'm currently sat writing up retaining wall reports and it's raining hard outside, not looking to dog walking later.

Anyone doing anything nice this weekend?

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Everyone is in the other place now. I upset people so I decided to stick here! Lol!

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Everyone is in the other place now. I upset people so I decided to stick here! Lol!
Surely not any more than I do! I've decided I'm too old to give a fig what other people think of me, they either accept me for the blunt and honest person I am, or they can scroll on by, life is too short to worry about what other people think about me :)

·
Administrator
20,601 Posts
You two bin fightin again? ;)

Our gamekeeper is up the other end of the country today so it was down to me to look after things. Topped up feeders and drinkers, checked the electric fences and walked a few escapees back into the pens. Checked the electric fences around the cover crops, all good and strong. Followed up with a little training for Chloe, then a little mooch around for Amy. Then it was back to the salmonella shop for breakfast of coffee and a burger with red onions, lettuce and halloumi cheese. Wonderful! Started to rain as I was on my way home.

Tomorrow I'll be back there again. we will need to distribute about half a ton of pelleted feed around the pens and about 200 gallons of water. That will last them for about a week. We also want to collect a ton of corn from the farm yard to fill some outer feeders.

And after that's all finished I noticed this morning that a joist in roof of the hut has collapsed. We use the area above as a storage area, so I think we probably have too much weight up there. So a repair needed. (nothing that a couple of 6 inch nails one fix.)

After all that I think an evening in front of the telly enjoying a wee dram of 12 year old Dalwhinnie while watching the Scandinavian round of the World Speedway Championship from Malilla.

John

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like a lot of hard work John! I'm planning to do as little as possible this week, well, catch up with work as well as dog related stuff, as I'm off for a couple of weeks from next Friday. It'll be over before we know it, I'm sure about that!

·
Administrator
20,601 Posts
We had a hard Saturday's work planned for tomorrow, and that was BEFORE the hut roof fell down! lol

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well this morning has so far been dog walking, followed by a lot of cleaning, and I mean A LOT of cleaning. I'm on my first cup of tea so the day has not started well ...

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Doing not much today, it’s too hot. Visitors tomorrow for lunch. Need to work on some show training for Pops, her next show is a biggie with at least one very well known British judge (think commentator of channel 4 Crufts coverage) and her breeder will be there which is scaring me a bit!

·
Administrator
20,601 Posts
150 gallons of water, 2 tons of corn collected and stored around the pens and about half a ton of pelleted feed into the feeders. Back home tired. Why do I do it? I'm an old man, I'm supposed to be retired!

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I've just had a nice visit from one of my puppy owners, they popped in to say hello and took Nettle for a walk for me, which she loved. I've got a chicken in the oven roasting, the girls are all walked and fed, so it must be time for a glass of something chilled.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts