Labradors Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need your help guys!

Me and OH have been off work this week and I've busied myself with some major jobs that needed doing around the house and garden. It came to light tonight that OH was hoping to find more time to relax, but the silly s*d didn't say anything until tonight!

So I think tomorrow or the over the weekend I need to make some time for us and do something away from everything just the three of us.

I remember seeing a link or a thread somewhere on here about dog friendly beaches but whilst I'm hunting around for that can anyone recommend anything near the coast, not too far from Hampshire (I'm in Basingstoke) that I can whisk OH and Hudson off to for some quality down time?

?

·
0 Posts
Hengistbury Head. It's beautiful there and our dogs loved it when we took them last year. :D

·
Registered
426 Posts
Or Lepe country park? - but as Jules says - I would head for hengistbury head and then some ice cream in Christchurch......just a jaunt down the M3 and then the A338....

although if the weather is good this weekend, suggest you set off early - the New Forest can of course be a nightmare!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks both. I think I might give Hengistbury Head a go as I haven't found anything online about keeping dogs off the beach at certain times of the year.

·
Premium Member
11,599 Posts
I was going to say Hengistbury Head.It is a very popular place for dogs.There is also a very good Cafe for snacks etc.Enjoy. :) :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We went to Hengistbury Head this afternoon and had a wonderful time! Thank you so much for recommending it, it's perfect.

My OH thought it was lovely (phew, I'm out of the dog house now) and we just strolled for a few hours laughing at Hudson and taking it all in.

It was the perfect day for it - the sun was shining and it was pretty quiet too. Hudson's never been to a beach before - he dragged me from the car to the beach even with his halti on. And boy, he couldn't believe his eyes!

He adores swimming but this totally blew his mind! He wasn't quite sure about the waves to begin with and got braver and braver as we strolled along. Right until a huge wave crashed over him! And then he went for a good ole swim, spotted a seagul and started swimming madly for it but fortunately responded to the pleas from the shoreline to come back!

We've got some cracking pictures which OH is just fiddling with now - I'll get a few uploaded later on.

Thanks again for the recommendation - it's perfect and I think we'll go many many more times!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts