Labradors Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Indy is acting a little weird at the moment, interspersing severe bumtuckiness and deafness with wanting to cuddle up to me and be as close as she can to at least one member of the household. She began refusing dried food on a morning about a week ago and it now has to be soaked or she won't touch it!

Anyway, Jules suggested it might be a phantom so we're just letting her get on with it.

However, this morning she did something I have never witnessed before - I wonder if anyone can shed some light? I usually prep her breakfast etc while she goes out and has a wee and a poo. I'll then go out and collect the poo and bin it. I found a poo she'd done last night but hadn't witnessed this morning's so assumed she hadn't yet done one. I was faffing about with the soaking :roll: and she went off out again. I watched her through the window, she was using her nose to "dig" the surface of the grass. When I went out to see what she was doing, she'd used her "nose digging" to basically create a small pile of grass to cover the poo she'd done but I missed on the first check of the garden.

So...any ideas?

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
Interesting! Can't help though. Luna's taken to occasionally scraping the ground after pooing - MILES away from the poo I have to add!!! She didn't do this until an older male lab came to stay for a spell. He did it all the time and shortly after Luna began to do occasionally.

I think Luna was being a copycat but it sounds like Indy is trying to 'hide' her presence from other woofers - a symptom of a pregnant female?????

G

·
she'd used her "nose digging" to basically create a small pile of grass to cover the poo she'd done
She's turned into a CAT!!!!! 8O 8O 8O :wink:

It's not something I've come across before....poo burying....but I do reckon it's linked to her confused hormones at this stage, somehow. I would hazard a guess at it being her trying to disguse her presence (in her delicate condition :wink: ) or that she is regarding the poo as a future food source for when she is feeding a litter.

As I said, it isn't something I've seen before but all this odd behaviour does seem to tie in with her being at that stage of Phantomishness <that's a good word, isn't it :wink: >.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. I guess it does tie in with her general oddness (there are no soft toys around for her to mother, but she is bed digging frantically at night) so it probably is the phantom but I would love for someone else to tell me that their Lab has covered the poo up... :shock:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts