Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The OH is away for the weekend - testing out his new woman (in the shape of a Suzuki 650cc thing!)

I am sorry to confess that I am breaking every single one of my own rules and the Bug is currently strewn all over our white sheets! - Things will have to change though before the night is out - he currently has about 80% of bed whilst I am grippping onto the edge on my side!

All this when my soooper doooper XXL zippy arrived this morn and is currently lying empty downstairs!

Oh but its so lubberly having him here!!

g

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
:lol: :lol:

It's a slippery slope.... before you know it, you'll be the one downstairs in the zippy bed :lol:

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
LOL, you`ll have trouble when your OH comes back, Bug won`t like having to give up his bed :lol:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tis funny...

before the arrival of my little man - never having owned a dog before, there were many debates between me and OH about where Beetlebug should sleep.

OH always wanted him up here (albeit in his own bed) and I was absolutely insistent on a crate, downstairs and nowhere near my carpets (let alone my white sheets!!)

uh-oh.....how he has got under my skin and straight to my heart!

g

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
It is Bliss isnt it :)
Carly always shares the bed - for about an hour I believe before she slinks off down to her own bed and returns about 5.30 every morning...

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK - so we had a couple of hours of blissful, deep, companionable sleep and around 1ish, the scratching, farting and fidgeting starts...(no change there I think - he's a bloke)

Then the all over self cleaning - I had no idea his tongue sounded so much like a rasp!

Yet more pushing me around and stealing more and more of the bed, when the last straw comes when he rips a hole in my Laura Ashley eiderdown thingy!! Had I actually thought about this, it wouldn't have come as a surprise at all - his bed fleece is a mass of holes!!

Anyhow- downstairs he goes at 2am to his own luxurious, huge big bed and I get the kingsize all to myself again.....

Hmmm now I know what rules are for!!

g

·
Premium Member
8,885 Posts
Hehe now you know why I always make ours sleep in with hubby!! (I temporarily have my own bed whislt recovering/having my hip operations).

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Hee Hee!
Carly does that (the whole its the middle of the night time to clean!) - it can be quite wierd getting woken by that noise!...

·
Premium Member
11,599 Posts
Dogs do get you under their spell.Before you know it they are everywhere with you in the house,and there are no rules. :) :)

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Awwwww I love having a dog or two upstairs with us at night, but it is a rare thing indeed in our house! It doesn't happen very often, but when it does, I love it. In fact, when we moved down south we bought a new bed, a Super King, just so that we'd have room for the dogs to join us for cuddles in the mornings. I guess we probably have the dogs up with us maybe 1 or 2 nights a month?

Ozzie, too, is master of the "take up far more bed than he needs" manouver, and he needs to be watched carefully lest I am hanging onto the edge of the bed, with no duvet left to speak of, and Ozzie snoring his head off, having taken over my pillow and blowing dog-breath into my face!! :)

But I still love having them up with us! :)

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Its quite common for me to be sharing the bed with three men :lol:

Sam is usually lying up the bed on my side, and Max is usually curled in the crook of one of our legs :roll:
Usually last for an hour or so and then they go their own beds, until about five when they will sit either the side of the bed staring at us until we let them back up :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,885 Posts
I used to like having the dog in bed but we used to end up like sardines - me and hubby the right way up and Coco between us with her head by our feet usually lying on her back and you know what that means...dog tushy in our faces. NOT nice!! LOL :lol:

·
Registered
482 Posts
I always tend to wake up to find Dolly taking all the covers and sleeping on her back.Coco sleeps by our heads :roll: good job we have a super king size bed 8)

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
LOL

Alfie comes in beside me in the morning when OH leave for work at 6,30(i;m not that early a morning person) and he lies curled round my head til 7.20 when i get up for the kids for school. Weekends i get up at 8am to let him out and goes so out so quickly and then runs like a abat out of heel into my room and gives the be a paw,,,...lol. ANd thats when he take up most room..as Me and OH are hanging out the sides with no duvet and Alfie is snoring in 5 secs..lol

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
PMSL :lol: :lol:

That's enough incentive for me to continue keeping my bedroom a dog-free zone!

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Charlie always sleeps on the bed with me when DH is on nights. he gets off quick when he hears the car pulling up in the morning - sly fella!

I take it Beetle is named after the vw car then? YAY!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I take it Beetle is named after the vw car then? YAY!
The name Beetle actually comes from when my (then) stepson was allowed to visit the pups at 5 weeks when he exclaimed "They all look like little bugs"

He takes great pride in telling strangers in the street that he has a Bug!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts