Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Corrie gets fed in the morning as soon as I get up which during the week is about 6.30am.

This morning being a non work day he woke me up at 6.15am wanting out and also wanting his breakfast. I got up and let him out and went back to bed for another two hours having explained to Corrie that its the weekend and I am allowed a lie in and he gets fed a bit later.

Woke up again at 8.30am got up and decided to go and buy some dog food and take Corrie for a walk. Came back home did a few things round the house then went round to a friends to fix her pc. Came back home, then about 6pm I was getting my supper ready and realised I had forgotten to feed Corrie. I felt soooooooooooooo guilty and he hadn't pestered me at all to feed him today.

Anyway he has been fed now and is a happy labby and is fast asleep on the bed in my pc room.

Oh to be a labrador especially Corrie!!!! I admit he is a bit spoilt and does have a great life!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Your post reminded me of something that happened with my first lab, many years ago. I always teach them to wait for their food. One morning, I was in a particular hurry, put his breakfast in his bowl and rushed out the door. When I got back nearly five hours later, he was still sitting in the same position looking at his breakfast - in my rush I had forgotten to tell him he could have it. :oops: - I felt terrible :( Bless him :)

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Cozwaz,

Don't feel bad, these things are so easily done, my problem is, sometimes i forget whether or not i have given Brad his brekkies, and this can work one of two ways, he either gets lucky and gets a second breakfast, or he dips out! If i forget though, there's no stopping him reminding me, he's by my feet in a second and stays there until he gets fed! :lol:

Lablover - your Lab is such a good dog, i think if i had been in the same position as you and left Brad alone for 5 minutes he would have downed the lot! :shock: :)

Julie

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ollie use to get his dinner at 6.00pm I forgot to feed him one night and he pestered and pestered me, I kept thinking he wants to go to the toilet a lot tonight, I kept letting him out and he flew out and then back in again. At 9.45pm that night I bolted upright from the sofa and flew into the kitchen to give him his dinner, my boyfriend thought I was having a fit the speed I left the room, Ollie of course was very relieved that my memory had returned to it's normal state of play.
These things happen, Ollie only let me forget the once though!

Michaela

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've done that too, not so long ago. I also thought Poppy wanted to go out a lot, but didn't twig til the morning when I went to give her her breakfast. Your dog was brilliant Lablover, there is no way Poppy would have waited. Perhaps a few minutes or so, but once she'd have been certain I was gone I reckon that would be it!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Hi Julie and RosieW - yes he was a lovely boy. It was over 20 years ago and he's long since gone to the bridge, but I'm still amazed he waited and I still have guilt pangs when I think about it now, and no, I cant' imagine mine now waiting more than a few minutes... if that! :D

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
I did that to Corbie once as well, when he changed from 4 to 3 meals a day - I had made his mid-day meal later from 12.30 to 2ish but one day I had forgotten about it and he went running into the kitchen at about 3.30 and just sat and looked up at the side where I keep his food - I was then very apologetic to him :oops: !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts