Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Years ago New Years Eve was the highlight of my social calendar - New frock, big build up to the evening etc. Now, as I sit here in my PJ's, kids in bed, dogs beside me, curry being delivered within the hour and a GLASS OF CHAMPAGNE IN MY HAND I am thinking that it doesn't get much better than this! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I am sooooo getting old and past it! :lol: :lol: :lol: Cheers everyone and a Happy New Year :D :D

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
I'm with you! I'm not feeling up to going out tonight and am also in my pj's and boozing alone (well Wicca's here, but she's too young to booze) and I'm loving it!!!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
LOL Di, I don`t have the champers and had scrambled egg on toast for tea but I`m not a going out person either.

I`m with you den rubbish telly, found a thing on history though, tracing evolution from the beginning :D , not everyone`s cup of tea but i`m happy with it :lol:

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Happy new year to everyone on LF :flower:

My days of alcohol abuse are over too :lol:

Home with hubby and the dogs - we have had to be back well before midnight for years anyway because of our collie and fireworks going off.

May have a glass of something later, looking forward to the Fokkers film and seeing the new year in with those most important to me :)

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
And Eve Makes up the quartet!!!! Exactly my feelings too!!!!

Though I have to confess I am not in my jim jams just yet!!!

Happy New Year and have a good one!!!

Eve Neo and Bramble

?

·
0 Posts
Another old fogie here too :wink: .

I'm say here watching Mamma Mia, with a glass of sherry, having just had a Chinese take away .... Lovely :D .

Somehow I doubt I'll be awake to see the New Year in.....So Happy New Year to all you fellow Old Fogies :wink: :lol: .

XXXXXXX

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I'm feeling really fed up at being in. :( Just about to have a soak in the bath and put pjs on.

My eldest two have gone out with friends and I am stuck here with the younger two and of course Phoenix. I can't even go out to a friends with the kids as Phoenix is so terrified of the fireworks so it wouldnt be fair on her.

It just seems that everyone around me is having fun tonight.

Happy New Year to everyone.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Happy New Year Sparkly!

I'm on the vino collapso and dancing about to music with the dogs while Gok laughs at us - I don't care, I'm having fun :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Can I join the old fogies gang too please? Youngest two in Greece to see in the New Year with their grandfather, eldest two out and about with their partners so tis the tail waggers OH and myself. The last time I over indulged in the falling down water, I lost three days of my life 8O , never again :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

C

·
0 Posts
Old fogie here too!

Ive been invited to 3 parties tonight at friends and one at my theatre and I've turned them all down because id much rather cuddle up on the sofa with a mug of tea and watch telly with Ruby!

Where ever i went id have had to take her with me as id be traveling about 100 mile round trip and i wouldn't be bothered with the hassle of "dog at a party"

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
I just don't get invited any more :cry: got dragged out for an early evening buffet and now curled up in front of the 'puter with doggies and puppies all around me, psyching myself up for the ridiculously early (and cold) start tomorrow courtesy of a show in the Midlands :roll:

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
I'm not having fun, I'm at work!! I'm doing a 6pm-2am shift on a mental health helpline. The pooch is seeing in the New Year in the lap of luxury with my parents and being fed far too many treats no doubt. Wish I was at home with my pjs on, glass of vino and rubbish telly!

Happy New Year to everyone when it comes. Here's to 2009! :D

·
Registered
516 Posts
My name's Lynne and I'm a Fogie!!!
Pj's are on, O/H working( need the £'s), eldest hard up student working too( saving herself for her 21st on 2 Jan), second eldest out the door to party with bottle and boyfriend and extremely high, bought in the sales, heels (ouch!). Youngest two tucked up in bed, ditto Sky. So it's little drop of Baileys in a coffee, lap top/tv and all you other PJ huggers for company :lol: Happy New Year and may you have more happiness and laughter in you life than last year :)

·
Super Moderator
15,716 Posts
We're at home too - but going out for an hour later to see the new year in with friends - can't leave puppy any longer :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh and as for rubbish TV - we're watching 'meet the Fockers' - hilarious

Happy New Year Everyone

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
I am a fogey too. watching tv with a nice chilled glass of Pepsi Max and the girls curled up by me. OH has gone to bed 8O

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
Old fogey here too. :roll: The kids and OH are just playing Nintendo Wii for about the next half an hour, then they will go to bed and OH and I will then decide whether or not we are too knackered to see in the New Year.

I must admit to being a bore. After the exhaustion of Christmas with three youngsters I hardly really do New Year any more unless I have to. :roll:

I am not a going out person most of the time. I prefer staying home with the family and dogs. :D

Helen.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts