Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After todays events it has become evident to me I am struggling with 4 labs, for those who said I told you so, you are corect, but please dont as I feel bad enough, I cant have it all :cry: :cry: :cry:

My son has to come first and choices (whatever they are) have to be made, so please dont judge and give your :roll: :roll: I dont need it, I am heartbroken so please save it

Please understand I love my girls and will do whatever is best for them, whatever that may be, this NOT easy or taken with an easy heart as it is not :(

Lambast me if you must but there you go, I have failed to have it all :(

PS Twix is never going anywhere but I am not sure about what is what and what needs to be done, I love them all :cry: :D

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Linda, I know you have had a rough day, perhaps that is making you feel worse or more stressed about the dogs?

Don't do anything you'll regret (as they say in the movies). What exactly has gotten you down or you are struggling with?

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Linda.....Do you not think that perhaps you are feeling very worried due to having had a worrying day??

I have read about your situation and have nothing but praise for all you do. I don't think I could cope quite as well.

Sometimes everything gets on top of you and you can't see a way out. Rather than feel that you have let yourself down, realise that you are human.

How about asking for a break, or some help and I know that loads of us will give our assistance in any way we can.

Keep your chin up.... Do you want a break from one, two of your dogs, just to get yourself together??

People will help all they can...Do not think you are failing as you are not.
Hayley xx

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
No judging coming from here hon, and you know what they say about people in glass houses :wink: The sound of that brandy sounds lke a good idea, and only you can decide the options open to you if you choose that route. Whatever you decide best of luck x

Di xx

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry having trouble coping with 4 labs, yes have had brandy but I have to make choices for my sons sake, he is my 1st priority above everything else though he loves the dogs :(

His safey is my concern above everything else and I am not putting enough energy into him that I should be, something has to give and that is how it is :(

I am not doing this lightly and know I will be lambasted but there we go, if rehoming is the only option, it will be done through lab rescue, or Macy will be returned to the breeder.

Dont want symathy but that is how it is :( :( :(

·
Registered
10,127 Posts
Linda, first of all ((hugs)), secondly, have a strong drink and an early night and then see how things look in the morning. It sounds like you've had a horrible day and things always seem a billion times worse on day like this.

Whatever you decide, we all know that your dogs are dearly loved by you.

Becs and The Gang

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
awwwwwww linda, dont know what to say, just sending you some big

((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))

sheila and zak

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Linda just sleep on things as you said your boy loves the dogs, you have had a worrying day. You wont get blasted from anyone here im sure. Things will look much better in the morning {{{{{{{{BIG HUG}}}}}}} vibes flying your way.

·
Premium Member
21,240 Posts
Linda

I have every sympathy for you hun, no one is going to lambast you, if you want to chat through anything, before you make a huge decision I am more than happy to talk with you, things always look worse than they are .

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Honestly, love, you have not failed your boy. You made a mistake, it happens to all of us, its one of them things. I know it shook you to the core, but don't think you've let him down.

If you feel everything is too much then no one will criticise your decision, but just give things time to settle down and for you to get over the shock you had, because you may feel differently then and if you don't, well then that is the time to make changes.

Big hugs to you. Take care.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Linda....Let me look after Cori for you for a while. I am sure that your situation will get better and you might regret having to let her go.

Having an autistic child must be very demanding and having a pup is also extremely demanding. I would have her for a while, just passed her puppy stage to give you some time.

Please do not do anything quickly. This site is so full of people who can help you.

·
Registered
9,913 Posts
As everyone has said you have had a really bad day Linda, take another day or two to relax and think things over but what ever you decide it will be for what ever you think is best for your family and your dogs

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Linda please don`t have a knee jerk reaction to what happened today, it could have happened even if you only had one lab, don`t do anything you`ll regret in the future once its too late to go back.

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Linda, after the day you've had, no one can blame you for having doubts, but as others have said, now is not the time to make decisions. Sit back for a few days and let yourself get over the shock of todays incident before you evaluate things. No one on here will judge you, whatever you decide, it has to be right for you and your family and it has already been said - we all realise how much you love both your son and your dogs.
I'll keep you in my thoughts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Off to read your other thread, Linda, but first, just wanted to send you a huge big cuddle {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
You'll not be lambasted Linda. Certainly not from here! You have the best interests of your family and your dogs at heart and that is what matters.

Sleep on it and see how things look after a (hopefully) good night's sleep. It might all seem very different in the morning.

Only you can judge your own situation properly, and what will be will be.

Helen.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you all, this has been coming and I admit got worse once Cori came home, she is not housetraining as she should be and it is all too much for me :(

Sorry if this comes across as a self pitying post as it is not, I [email protected]@ed up and need to put it right for my son, who I love more that life itself, then come my girls but choices have to be made, but I will sleep on them and peruse things in the morning as I never want to lose any of them, they all mean the world to me :(

·
Super Moderator
15,716 Posts
Just wanted to send you a (((BIG HUG)))) and let you know there is a lot of support for you on LF

I know it isn't an easy decision you're making but totally understand about your son's needs (as you know I work with special needs children).

I think taking Hayley(frilly) up on her offer may be the right way forwards for now so you can get yourself sorted a bit, see if you cope better with 3 (or 2) and then possibly in the future have her back or rehome her permanently. Don't rush into anything, you've had an awful scare today and I would imagine you're still in a state of shock and torturing yourself with 'what if'

Get a good nights sleep and see how you feel in the morning and have a chat with Nat

take care xx

1 - 20 of 57 Posts