Labradors Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Well Ben has been for his first session of hydrotherapy, and he loved it.
We arrived at the pool to be greeted by 12 huskys just sat watching us..lol We then went into the pool area and sat by the pool, Julie asked us to let him off his lead so he could have a look around and get used to it.

Well after a short sniff he headed for the pool edge, he looked in the water and stuck out a leg in the hope he would touch the bottom!

He then went head first into the pool and under the water...lol Lee then ran into the pool and got him out...by this time we were all laughing..lol

Ben got out of the pool and ran towards me and shaked...aahhhh we were soaked..lol Lee said they normally get their owners soaked after the session not before :roll: ...lol

Ben then had his harness put on and he was then taken back in, he had some toys so he could retrieve them and get him swimmming. He was not allowed to climb in and out up the ramp as they didn't want to put stress on his leg. If he needed a rest he could use the ramp to put his feet on for a while before having another swim.

They said they were really impressed with ben as most dogs take 3 or 4 sessions to learn to turn in the pool and head back to the ramp and also have somebody in the pool with them. But he seems to be able to turn and retrieve the toy first time, and wasn't bothered about Lee being in with him.

At the end of the session Lee had to sit all the edge of the ramp to stop Ben getting back in the pool! 8O :lol: So I think he will love to go back next week for his next session, there will be no stopping him..lol:D

Sorry no piccies this time but I will post some the next time he goes, which is on wednesday.

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
ROFL

cris you should of got in with him aswell since you got soaked..lol..

glad he had fun and all went very well :p

dont forget next week piccies....

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Awww bless him - he's sounds like he had a great time! :lol:

I think you'll need mac and wellies with you next time!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hi Cristina

Glad Ben enjoyed himself and took to it like a duck to water :) ,bet he can't wait to go again.Wear your swim wear next time Cristina :lol:

Kev

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I will take your advise guys..lol I will need my waterproofs next time..lol

Don't worry Clair I will get some piccies for you to see too :wink:

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Hi Christina

Thats such good news that Ben enjoyed his 1st swim - I learnt very quickly with Charlie that he liked to get me as wet as he is so now when I take him I wear trousers that dry very quickly!! :lol:

Cant wait to see the piccies!

Sarah

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Glad Ben enjoyed himself Cristina,seems you picked a better run pool than we did for Dylan,as he did not have as good a time as Ben,and we were not as impressed with his session,carry on having a good time with Ben and looks like you will have to get that fishermans coat out for next time,

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good idea Sarah! I will have to wear some next time and not jeans...grrr..lol :wink:

How about trying a different pool Lynne?? I'm sure n the right pool with the right people he would love it!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Sounds like Ben had great fun and is getting the benefits from it at the same time.
Love to see some pics next time Cris

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
That's great news, sounds like Ben loved it! Must help that he lvoes going in the water so much. Your tale did make me chuckle, not being able to keep him out of the pool. :lol:

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Cristina,

What a good dog Ben is! Sounds like he loved his first session, and took to it really quickly too!

I bet you were surprised to see the 12 husky dogs!

I'm sure it will do Ben the world of good, and hope he continues to do well in his next sessions.

Well done Ben!

Julie

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I'm glad Ben did well in his first session.

I usually find they try to drown themselves first time in :D But they get the hang of it quite quickly.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Hi cris...

I knew ben wud love this... he's always been a water baby.... yes i wud love to see his pics in the pool....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts