Labradors Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The gang of three plus Elvis are now just over a year old, so the time has come to start pushing them along a little bit in their training.

We were out rabbiting today, we hunted the older dogs over the ground and cleared the rabbits.

We then let the youngsters hunt over the same ground that had all kinds of interesting scents, which would really get their hunting instincts kicking in. Of course there is always the possibility they will come across a rabbit or two that the older dogs have missed. Keeps the handler on his toes :wink: :wink: :wink:

As I hope you can see from these pictures, they really are starting to look the part, hunting with real drive and style. But the thing that shines through more than anything else in these pictures, (to my eyes anyway) is just how much the dogs are enjoying themselves.

First up is Izzy (Lowforge Caitlin) a very flashy eye catching young bitch, if we can keep her in check she could do very well

Next up is Elvis, (Trinjack Twister of Lowforge) he really is a very exciting young dog, got my fingers and everything crossed for this lad.

I just love this photo, it really captures everything about him

This is Spider (Lowforge Cormac) not only is he the physical double of his father Spike, he's proving to be just as much of a challenge to train :roll: A very soft and gentle dog, with a stubborn streak a mile wide, what a combination!

Finally, and definitely, last but not least, is Oona (Lowforge Colleen); she really is a little madam, but her character is such that you can't but help be completely besotted with her, and doesn't she know it!!

And finally, a picture to prove that she can sit still, if only briefly :lol: :lol: :lol:

Andrew

·
Registered
552 Posts
Brilliant picture's once again,
I really should get out with the camera :roll:

Im beggining to swing to the dark side, after seeing one work the other day 8) :lol:

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I always enjoy your photo's, cracking as normal, and always great to see the hard work paying off.

Thanks for posting.

Ian

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Great pics Andrew, as you say you can see the eagerness in their eyes and its quite obvious they are enjoying what they do :D

·
Registered
10,815 Posts
I love your pictures Andrew, especially the cockery types :D They are obviously having a ball !

Jens and I have our first 1-1 coming up very soon and I am really looking forward to it 8)

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
_Jac_ said:
Jens and I have our first 1-1 coming up very soon and I am really looking forward to it 8)

Looking forward to a full write up on that Jac :wink: , I'm sure you'll both be fine.

Andrew

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Oh those are superb pics Andrew, especially the last one, very nice indeed. Thanks for posting. :D

I note that Nick Ridley has brought out a new book on Spaniels. He has a Lab book, which I have and is very nice. I think he has some competition there.

John

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
great photos... keep your eyes on little elvis as i ight just have to come up and steal him away!
would look lovely with my 2 lads :D complete the colour set :wink:

they clearly enjoy their 'work'

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Oh my those are beautiful photos Andrew (even if they are of gremlins :x ).

it looks heavenly out there. I want to be one of your dogs please! They all look so fit, healthy and like they're loving life :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts