Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Huge, huge thanks to Helen & everyone for a wonderful day today...
You'll be please to know it only took me 1h15m to get home - unlike the 2h15m to get there this morning - (So Sorry Ness!)..

We are Both abs. shattered.. the bath is run, then some food, then lots of zzzzzzzzz....

Thanks Diane - although I dont think we're be joining the Khaki-Set, I did learn some useful stuff to work on to get Carly to walk to heel/wait(steady)....

Thanks again, really enjoyed it..

Some Photos... Charity Gundog Day Photos

Luv
Sharon (& and an already snoring Carly)..

xxxxx

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
i am SOOOOO sunburnt!!!! :oops: serves me right for taking all wet-weather gear and NO suncream!!!

thanks to helen and her team for the organisation and to di and nick for the wonderful training tips and for making it all FUN for dogs and owners alike. was great to meet so many and put faces to names-we both had a truely memorable day :D and learned lots.

would have liked to have joined you in the pub, but knew we would both be asleep soon if we had.......as it was, only one of us snored most of the way home

we are both SHATTERED!!! :wink:

love jan and rubes xxx

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
hello all you guys in the pub, have one for us will you!!!

have you seen sharon's photos, in the album section-they are very good!!!

jan and snoring ruby xx

·
Registered
995 Posts
Oh I think several have been taken so don't worry about that! Eating by iPhone light - well says Fee, sight is half your appetite!
Lovely photos Sharon.

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Hello all, had a great but exhausting afternoon taking all the photos! What a beautiful setting :)

I am still downloading photos so it will be a day or so until I have them up online to show you all. I took quite a few! If anyone wants to buy copies I'll give details/prices this week and a donation will go to LRSE&C, a most wonderful rescue.

Was lovely to meet you all and sorry if I missed anyone. We had to rush off as I suddenly realised how late it was and we had to get back so couldn't come to the pub :(

I gather Mins was a narky mare so many sincere apologies to any poor dogs she decided needed a telling off for doing nothing :oops:

p.s. I have fallen in love with Zorro :love7: I need to adopt him and Bert.

p.p.s. thank you very much for the courgette (which is the biggest ever!) - I'm afraid the adoption didn't last very long and we're munching on it :D :flower:

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
OK, so I have only just woken up, but a huge thanks also, to everyone - Helen & Tom, the landowners, the trainers Di & Nick, Angela for her photography of the day, everyone who donated prizes for the raffle, Bernie for that huge box of treats tins, and whomever donated the prizes I won is especially thanked!! :)

We are all shattered, but we had such an amazing day it was great fun - Helen, when's the next one?? LOL

·
Registered
10,815 Posts
Just got back, and we have had a brilliant weekend :D

Huge thanks to Helen and co for all their hard work , Di and Nick for their fantastic training .

It was great to meet so many lovely people, and all the dogs were wonderful :D

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
You are all so welcome :flower:. A HUGE thank you for making the effort to come. Am still blown away by the fact that many of you travelled hundreds of miles to get here (Scotland and Suffolk no less!).

I don’t think I have ever enjoyed an event as much as I did yesterday and that was all down to the lovely people there and not least the very gorgeous (and well behaved) dogs too. Very rare I have a go at organising something and think to myself the next day; 'blimey I’d do that again'. It usually takes me at least three months to recover lol.

Bernie, many, many thanks for the treat tins. It was wonderful to be able to add something extra to the Fun Working Test award winners. A really lovely gesture.

So I counted up the pennies and minus travel expenses for trainers and a few pints behind the bar for the land owner (hope you don’t mind that one but thought it was worth keeping him sweet just in case I need to ask him again), the event has raised £701.00 for Labrador Rescue South East & Central, which makes me grin from ear to ear I can tell you. :D

And the raffle, my god the raffle! Really we needed at least three tables to hold all the goodies. . . . . 8O

Again, thank you, thank you and thank you. You’re a lovely lot with some very clever and gorgeous doggies, and another massive thanks to Di, Nick and Jenny (jemd) -whose help on the day was enormously appreciated.

In true LF style I’m going to go now and post the results of the Fun Working Tests ;-) and I'll post on here shortly my very ropey photos I took (and I didn't take nearly enough).

PS. Jenny will now come on here and confirm the raffle was not fixed and I honestly won EJW’s dummy, won’t you Jenny ....... ? lol.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
The Raffle of the Century 8O :D

Lovely! :D Tarimoor (Joanne) is now the new and very happy owner of this beauty. I think she should post a photo of it in it's new home :wink: No doubt it is in pride of place by her loo :D

Little Mouse brings my most fave dummy ever home :love7:

·
Registered
10,127 Posts
Brilliant weekend! Zorro, Mouse and I have been embracing khaki-stuff all weekend and loved every minute of it. You should have seen my Ol' Gundog leaping in and out of Helen's old Landi by the end of the weekend! And we 'walked the pheasant pens' and Mouse really got the hang of walking on tip- toes very quietly and sitting with her paw on her lip when I stood still, and we found an injured deer (which was sad :cry:) and Mouse got Helen's chickens practicing their sprint ( :oops: ) and it was all just wonderful!

Zorro ADORED the training day! It was his absolute idea of heaven - meeting and greeting everyone and pottering around making sure everyone was having a good time with just the very odd bit of 'work' thrown in on my request (I'm such a bore for the old fella!!) I did think it would be a bit of a pain having to bring Mouse along, thanks to my breakdown in puppy-sitting arrangements, but she was as good as gold and now tells me that she 'so HATES boring ol' Gloucester' and wants to go back and live with Cousin Wylye!

It was brilliant to meet everyone, and put names to faces of LF folks I hadn't met, and you couldn't have had a nicer bunch of dogs in any other field in England as we had yesterday. They were all stars.

Helen- you did the most brilliant job - I'm in total awe of the way you managed to organise it from start to finish to produce such a fabulous day. Nick was a very interesting trainer and I sneaked in at the end to watch a bit of Di's training where everyone seemed to be having a ball too.

Zorro and Mouse have crashed and I'm not expecting them to wake up until at least Wednesday afternoon!

And thanks to everyone who bought so many raffle prizes and such a variety of prizes too! I know that Jo was overcome and could barely find the words to express her delight when she won her loo-roll dolly!

Becs and The Gang

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
What an amazing amount raised for LRSEC they`ll be over the moon I`m sure, that table of prizes looks like it was positively groaning under all those things :lol:

Sounds like it was a brilliant day for everyone and "Little Mouse"?!!! 8O , when did dhe shoot up to that size?! :lol:

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Helen - Fab photos...

.. love the one of Ruby "greeting" Di so warmly... :D

.. and thanks for getting not one but TWO of Carly in her "ssshh I'm concentrating" sit position..... :D

(have PM'd you for my results... as Jan and i did have our own competition for the Wooden spoon... :roll: )

and but seriously when is the next one.. :lol:

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Another huge thanks to all who organised and instucted and helped out on the day from Mole and I :D

It's official, I have the only lab in the world who is scared of water :lol: :lol: :lol: poor old Mole did lots of bouncing around on the edge of the lake, looking longingly at the dummies and tennis balls floating just out of her reach, but didn't quite have the courage to slither in to get them :roll: :D She did slip in by accident just before we left though and leapt out quickly before too many people realised - maybe I should get her some arm bands :lol:

Thanks to all who were at the pub last night, I had a lovely evening with some like minded people. :D

The drive home has been alot better than the drive down, and Mole has slept all the way, and is now asleep on the sofa :lol: She's exhausted - well she did have to retrieve something as well as not swim :wink:

All in all, a brilliant weekend thank you :D

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Rufus could only manage to open one eyewag the end of his tail this morning when I came down. That says it all.

Such a great day and to raise so much money as well. It was so great to see so many dogs getting on so well together, waiting patiently, training and then hoolying about together.

I love the photos Helen, the Raffle was amazing, but I do have a certain purple knitted tissue box cover which might be returning for the next one.

I'm busily looking up Marrow recipes on the internet for my oversized courgette! Maybe I'll just buy one ticket next time.

I'll pm you too for my result although I know we've got a lot of work to do.

Thanks again Helen.

Yvonne

PS Mouse and Zorro were absolute stars. They looked very at home in Wiltshire even though Becs was waiting for the ice cream van to come round!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
barney2007 said:
the event has raised £701.00 for Labrador Rescue South East & Central, which makes me grin from ear to ear I can tell you. :D
:wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav:

That's completely brilliant Helen - well done, you should be proud!

I'm so jealous, I really wanted to come along, and will have to make a weekend of it if you can ever do another?

Well done all and get those photos on here pronto!!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts