Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apart from my ears meaning I cant hear anything, I was in bed by 10.30 last night and never got up til 11am today so I feel fine

OH is in his bed though with a stinking cold so I am here with 4 dogs and my son, and LF of course :D

Hope everyone else is feeling well :D

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
i feel very very ill!!! totally self inflicted, i dont usually drink that much, but i spent nye seeking out every available source of vodka around, hic!
i dont want sympathy but any hangover cures gratefully excepted!!
happy new year everyone! hic!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I'm fine, I don't drink much so one bottle of lager does not make a hangover.

We have been for a fantastic walk with the dogs this morning, they both had a really good swim and great fun retrieving.

Happy New Year everyone.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Went round neighbours for new years party, I was home in bed at 10.15 OH and Liam came back about 12.30 and didnt even hear them come in :roll:

S

·
0 Posts
Not feeling 100% as fighting off a cold...tickly cough etc, didn't drink much last night we were bowling which was great fun xx

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
I was intending to go out but with all my recent accidents and the dregs of that 'orrid virus lingering round me I decided to treat myself to a night in with the family, which was very pleasant and relaxing.

So I woke up this morning feeling bright and breezy, which is more than can be said for the weather!

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
xWendyx said:
I've got a lousy headache and sore throat - not self inflicted - so I DO need sympathy :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hope you feel better soon Wendy :D I am glad everyone is feeling as OK as I am (minus the deafness which is no bad thing with 3 pups I tell ya :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
I'm feeling a bit poorly, but its totally self inflicted, only consolation is that I had a great time last night, but i'm certainly paying for it today..

·
Registered
10,127 Posts
I feel tip-top! :lol:

Kids had a larty last night so house was full of 18 year olds all 'off their faces' but they all pretty much stuck to 'Becs's Three Golden House-Party-Rules' ie No crying, No throwing-up, No fighting, so that was all OK and then there's always the fun of getting the hoover out at 7.10am and crashing it into skirting boards and ramming it into lifeless corpses (such fun :twisted: !!!)

Me and Mr Becs stayed up but missed the actual new year coming in as I was immersed in a game of Solo-Scrabble (how Grandma-ish is that?!!) and Mr Becs was watching The Office, and we only twigged when we heard some fireworks going off outside!

The house was all cleaned-up by 10 this morning and then we took the dogs out for a long, long walk in the frosty hills which was invigorating and lovely.

So yep, I'm feeling grand today! :lol:

Happy New Year to one and all!

Becs and The Gang x

Becs and The Gang

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
I am feeling fine, don't drink any more, I learned a bit of sense 4 years ago and don't bother now. Got up to a power cut, so no early morning cuppa and no bleddy heating (storage heaters) and it was absolutely freezing (-6C).
Took the girls for our traditional new years walk on Aberdovey beach, we only lasted 15 minutes, it was blowing a gale I could just about stand up. Went back home to a lovely log fire and roast lamb dinner.
Happy New Year

Jayne

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
...However after a bin-lid sized fryup and a seriously brisk walk for an hour or so with the dogs I feel that myself, Al, Happysmum and Happysdad are pretty much human again ;-)

We had a fantastic night. Too much el vino but LOTS of childish silliness and laughter!

Happy new year everyone (whispers incase of hangovers!)
Di

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
I feel pretty good today, although a little tired. This week, OH has been working early shifts, so i've been having to get up and take him to the train station around 5:20am every morning. Although, i generally do manage to get back to bed, and to sleep, i don't think its 'refreshing' sleep, so after another 5:20am start yesterday, didn't get to bed till 1:30am after the New Year festivities (i wasn't drinking) and Lucy started to whinge about 9am, so left OH in bed, gave her her brekkie, watched a film together curled up on the sofa and then went for a nice long walkie with my bro and his 2 dogs.

Now, OH, Lucy and I are all cuddled up on the sofa with my fluffy throw, watching TV, and generally 'chilaxing'....bliss :D

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
Not too good today, but not self inflicted i might add, as i saw the new year in, with a blooming Lemsip!! Managed to avoid this bloody flu like virus through christmas, but it blooming well has caught up with me for the new year!!! :x

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bernie said:
Not too good today, but not self inflicted i might add, as i saw the new year in, with a blooming Lemsip!! Managed to avoid this bloody flu like virus through christmas, but it blooming well has caught up with me for the new year!!! :x
That is a bugga, OH has that and a cold too, hope you feel better soon :)

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Stuffed to the gunnels! Just got back from a meal at a local auberge - chicken and tapioca broth, foie gras, fish in creamy sauce with mash, veal stuff with pork with sauted garlic tatties and dressed lettuce, baked alaska with eau de vie, coffee. I need a lie down!! Oh and red wine - as much as you could drink (only I'm not drinking!!)

BURP!! :D :D :lol:

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
By just before midnight we were not looking our best and were a tiny bit worse for wear but fun was had by all ;-) Just thought I'd share as if everyone else was in a BETTER state then you can all be proud of yourselves..... ;-)

Di

1 - 20 of 25 Posts