Labradors Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,

any suggestions would be appreciated.

We picked up our 3 year old lab on Saturday , she has spent 3 years in an outside pen with her parents and brother . The problem we are having is over night . When we leave her she is getting sooo upset , howling constantly . Is this to be expected at her age ?

She has a beautiful temprament and is very loving , but she just cannot stand to be left , even for a short time .
Your thoughts and ideas on how to approach this would be a great help .

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Hey Ste,
Welcome to LF :D
Diesel did the same thing the fist night we got him. We tried putting t-shirts on his bed but he didn't settle. :?
My OH had to sleep downstairs with him and we never heard a sound from him. 8O
It much be hard for her being away from her family and surroundings she knows.
We let Diesel sleep out side out bedroom for the first few nights until he settled then gradually moved his bed further away from the door until he was back down the stairs. I took about 2 weeks. :D
Give her time to settle in with you and the family. It much be strange coming from an outside pen to indoors and people she doesn't know.
I hope this helps you and she settles in soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for your quick response , its nice to know that other people have been in this situation !
I realise that its a major upheavel for the dog . Its just trying to work out the best approach .

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Try letting her sleep upstairs with you so she doesnt feel like shes being left on her own.
Let me know how you get on :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts