Labradors Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi first of all, I am new to this site, so Hello everyone. i am susie.

Ok, i have a 4 year old choc lab called coco who is a very sweet good boy.
But.... i have got a 12 week old black lab pup called henry who we have had a fair few problems with . 1st day brought him home made his bed very comfy and put him in the kitchen with a crate and all he did was howl all night. and this has gone on night after night, I have had him 2 weeks now and i have tried everything.

I have tried the in room with me then ween him out he settled first night in room from 12am-4am. end of

and he just wont settle have tried to wear him out before bed, have tried radios, tv on, recording of our voice hes got a blanket in with him which we had his mum sleep on the night before we had him, ive tried putting something in his crate that i have worn that day and nothing, I am at end of my tehter, to make matters worse the neighbours are having a moan as well... can anyone please please help !!! :roll:

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
What did you do when you were close by at night and he let rip? Make soothing noises? Sing to him? Or tell him to SHUT UPPPPPP :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

We also put a parrot cover (old sheet) over the crate so Mitch couldn't tell if we were there or not and he got a MAJOR fright when he thought he was alone and got an immediate rollicking when he started mouthing off.

Having said all that, he's now 4 1/2 months and no longer cries, but he does tend to wake up early (by our standards) and scrabble* in the corner of his cage. It's a challenge to come downstairs and NOT go straight to him to bawl him out, but wait till he's quiet and only THEN take his cover off and take him outside. You get the picture what we're TRYing to achieve...

*I'd like responses please from anyone else whose dog can play Scrabble whether or not at 6.45 a.m. and at whatever age :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts