Labradors Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I have just had wicked fun out with todays new b'day present from the DH, a dummy launcher! I love it so much (quite possibly more than I should!)

*warning* now follows a billion photos :roll:

Barney thinks it is ACE!

Purdey can't wait to get going!

Nothing slow about Tarka pup!

Wylye nearly wet himself with joy!

Then we tried all dogs lined up. A sort of 'how steady is your dog really?' exercise. This was always going to be a bit ambitious! (don't try this one at home and all serious gundog folk please turn a blind eye :wink: )

So there we have it ..... Bert disappears off to the plastic bag with the remnants of cake and only Barney remains stock still. Clearly more training needed here!

And as if the fun of the launcher; a beautiful sunny day; and cake was not enough. Well knock me down with a feather if Bert didn't go and have a little retrieve on the side, with many thanks to my friend's perserverence. A perfect afternoons fun indeed :wink:

A

·
0 Posts
What great pictures. Who had more fun though, was it you or the dogs?! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Brilliant pictures and all of them look like they are having so much fun :D

8O Bert running and retreiving, I just love that boy :lol:

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
WTG Bert! :D , looks like a good time was had b y all Helen, can`t say I blame Bert for going for the cake rather than sitting still :lol:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
oh so lovely fabulous pictures...dummy launchers just look so much fun!! save the legs anyway :D :D Barney is sooo handsome

I am seriously considering one of these..how much noise do they make?

·
Registered
10,815 Posts
That looks like a lot of fun was had :D Brooke is now looking at Bert in a whole new light after those retrieve pics, I think she is warming to him :wink:

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
The aftermath of the line-up to the launcher is a classic Helen. :D Launchers can have their problems, I seem to remember. :? :?

Excellent post & great pics.

John

·
Registered
224 Posts
Wonderful pictures and with a good story, too :p ! We have also been thinking of dummy launcher, but haven't yet decided whether to get one or not. I cannot throw anything without blasting it through a window or having the object landing on my own nose or... Hopeless is the word for me then. Dummy launcher would solve the problems, because the dogs need longer distance sometimes. My husband is an excellent dummy launcher himself, but there are times you need to have the throw landing from somewhere else. But, men can exaggerate sometimes *sigh*. Last time he was showing me an invention with multiple shots, remote control and all kinds of high tech stuff. Where on earth would we need THAT for, I mean for two Labs??

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
EJW said:
Launchers can have their problems, I seem to remember. :? :?
I can't imagine what John :?: :lol: :wink:

Anita, I think it would be impossible to say who had the most fun! :oops:

Lincolnsmum, they make a very loud noise. As much as a shot gun. However the beauty of this model, although not remote controlled, you can operate it from 30m away. So neither you or your dog need get the full blast so to speak.

Jac, Bert will be thrilled, totally thrilled to hear that about Brooke :p

OMG Darkwaters, you are married to the same man!:
"My husband is an excellent dummy launcher himself, but there are times you need to have the throw landing from somewhere else. But, men can exaggerate sometimes *sigh*. "

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Nice pictures H, looks like everyone had a fun afternoon!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

How long did it take Bert to recover from such a taxing day?? :lol: :lol:

Andrew

1 - 16 of 16 Posts