Labradors Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there everyone. This is my first time on Labforums so please bear with me. I am sure I am doing the right thing but trying to find out whether I am feeding Henry (15 week pup) the right amount of food is confusing. He is now fed 3 times per day with Royal Canin of which I give him approx half the measuring cup. He is weighing in at the moment at approximately 13kg (like a light weight boxer!!) but I am not sure how much food I should be giving him. Can anyone help me with this? I look forward to hearing from you and thanks for your time.

G

·
feeding

murphy is the same age and weight I feed rougly 150g per feed 3 times a day. Treats are puppy treats and carrots sausages, chicken, ham whatever I can get hold of

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Sarah,

Max is 19 weeks and has been on Royal Canin for roughly six weeks now. He was weighed at his 17 week scan and only weighed in at 11.7 kilos- so is much lighter than your pup. Are you feeding him the Vet early care range? Max is on that and used to have 325g a day split over 3 meals. He is now being weaned on to the next stage (digest and osteo) and will be going up to 390g a day. In general I have found that you don't need to feed as much of Royal Canin as you do other foods as it is generally a lot richer.

Max has always been on the leaner side but this is definitely a very good thing for labrador puppies. He is at the lower end of an ideal weight and is healthy and developing very well. My vet has repeatedly reassured me that Max is benefitting long term by growing at a more gradual rate.

HTH Jen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts