Labradors Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wondered how long you let your labs play fetch with a ball? Shay will only go after the ball for a bit but then gets bored, Ebony is obssessed with the ball and would chase it forever if i let her, Cooper loves it too. Just wondered how much would you think is enough/too much? Ebs and Shay are 14mnths Coopers 8mnths.

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
I let mine play as long as they want they normally give up playing fetch and start running round with it if they are all together but if there is only one they would keep retrieving all day lol

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
I let CJ play for as long as I`m happy, I get bored with throwing we stop :lol: , he prefers retrieving it from water so at this time of the year I`m usually wet and freezing in a very short time as he shakes all over me each time he comes out 8O

·
Registered
20,400 Posts
Oohhh Ruby is a ball obsessive!!!!! When she was younger we didnt restrict it at all she was exercised withint the five minute rule though. When she was 18 months old she damaged the ligaments in her front leg and the vet told me it was probably due to the way she jumped on the ball (or whomped as we christined it hehe) so since then I 'deballed' her. I must admit since she doesnt have the tennis ball anymore she appears to enjoy her walks more as she was obssessed to the point that nothing else existed for her if there was a ball around.

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Minnie-Moo has a ball or Airkong toy out on walk. I don't know how long she is retrieving it for as she carries it around on the walk too - I do make sure she has some "rest" times where she is just carrying it and not constantly retrieving.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Roo is 21 months old. He has one main off-lead walk a day for about an hour and then a 15 minute on-lead walk in the evening. We take him out with his ball-chucker maybe every third long walk (so about twice a week) and throw it for about 30-45 minutes of that hour walk. This absolutely knackers him as the ball-chucker makes the ball go for miles!

He would play fetch all day long if he could but I'm concerned that too much will damage his joints/muscles. Also, it's nice to see him interacting with other dogs, which he doesn't do when we have the ball with us.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ebs will do nothing else if we have the ball, i do usually keep throwing it for her but i am wondering if its her constantly chasing the ball that keeps hurting her? Today we left the ball chucker and she seemed to enjoy her walk more!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts