Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When Lucy was a puppy i training Lucy the word Pee pee poops and when she knows the word she go and do it i was wonder how many people yous that word when they training a puppy ?

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
I did Margaret Anne and still use the same words when I want Cindy and CJ to get a move on :lol: , mine is "Do wees for mum" poss they don`t usually have to be told :D

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Hi Margaret Anne.
Lotties words are Bizzy Wees and Bizz Bizz!! (for a poo)
She does it every time.I only used those words because she was due to stay with my friend for a week not long after we got her.So she wasn't confused I decided to use the same words my friend uses with Lottie's older sisters!
My old Border Collie used to wee and poo on command to 'on the paper' as we trained her on newspaper when she was tiny.We used that command until the day she left us at 17!

Barbara

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
It seems to me that we all use words that we are comfortable with or ones we used to our babies :lol:

As Skits always stops halfway through a pee I nearly always now tell her to 'finish' and she does 8O

Marianne

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
I use 'go quickly' :)

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
LOL doesn`t seem to matter what we say they go, just shows that its the tone of voice and/or the situation that they understand what we want :D

Don`t you worry about saying your words Margaret Anne, only a non doggy person is likely to wonder what your on about :lol:

·
Premium Member
17,439 Posts
Well Luna's words are 'GO BELGIUMS' for wees - I'll explain! The flat we were put in when we first moved to Belgium last year had a fair right outside the weekend after we moved in. The men used to piddle underneath our terrace :evil: :evil: (we moved out VERY quickly, I have to add) which we were training Luna to use - so the word seemed appropriate at the time!!! :?

- and 'GO STINKIES' for number 2s! (hopefully no explanation needed for that one!!! :oops: )

I have to say that it is so useful to have words for 'the events' because it means before getting in the car or going to bed etc etc Luna has an inkling what I want her to do. And if we're out on the road in a place she wouldn't usually choose to toilet in (just outside hotel/on concrete), she knows it's ok to go there once she hears the word!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts