Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I want to buy a dog coat for the 8 week old boy we are bringing home in a week, but to order it I need a rough measurement of how long he is from collar to base of tail. Obviously I don’t have him yet so this is a little difficult lol! Does anyone have a rough idea? He is around 7kg

editing to add I know he will grow fast, please just humour me without too much judgement! He has everything he needs I am allowed to buy him something nice just because ☺

·
Administrator
21,211 Posts
Sorry but I have to ask the question, Why would he need a coat? But whatever you buy at that age wont fit within a couple of weeks because they grow so fast.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry but I have to ask the question, Why would he need a coat? But whatever you buy at that age wont fit within a couple of weeks because they grow so fast.
Yes I know they grow super fast, however I have the money to spare and I think the coat would look very sweet. I just want to know the right size to get for 8 weeks old 🙂

·
Administrator
21,211 Posts
I've had enough puppies in my time, but never bothered to measure one, I'm guessing 8 inches, but that is really only a guess as I'm just trying to visualise.

·
Premium Member
8,958 Posts
No idea! And no, I wouldn’t even dream of buying a coat to look “sweet”. If I had spare cash I’d invest in decent chew proof chewytoys or bedding.

·
Registered
Baymax, b.Nov2020
145 Posts
In my humble opinion a Lab has enough of its own insulation to weather pretty much any climate unless REALLY extreme. A coat may irritate his skin and impact the healthy development of his natural coat. Your choice of course but the the pup's wellbeing I would personally avoid that (and if you had thought about it any harness). YMMV.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts