Labradors Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing Andrews post with Jamie getting a hair cut ready for the coming season made me wonder what other preparations do you have to do to your dogs before the season starts?

Harriet

·
Administrator
21,513 Posts
Not just dogs! Over the course of the summer I have reproofed my wax cotton jacket and leggings and revarnished my stick. It's a bit late to get out on a wet day and find your jacket has started leaking!

Just a little training. When I'm out feeding the poults I'll drop a dummy out of the landrover window as I'm driving across the field. Makes a nice blind retrieve with no scent train to follow!

I'm not too worried about building up stamina because when I start dogging in we will be starting walking longer distances anyway. So that will come.

I'll be packing my bag of clothes just before the 1st of September so I'm ready when the call come, "We are going out on the Geese this evening, can you come and pick up please?" This bag stays packed until the 2nd of Feb and as I wear socks or the like they are washed and replaced in the bag ready for next time. Over trousers get the mud washed off, dried and replaced in the bag. So all I need to do is chuck the bag in the back of the Landrover and I'm ready to go. I arrived without something too many times before I started doing that. :lol:

Regards, John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts