Labradors Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
he will wait until we get home and go to his usual place in the garden.
This is a bit of a problem when we are out for the afternoon and he dances about because he needs to go. HELP!!!
thanks, claire

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi,

My dog Ben used to do that, He would go out for a walk and when he needed the toilet he would winge but not go. then when we got home he would go straight to the garden and have a wee. The thing to remember is at least he is not going in the house! The only thing I can say is he will aventually go when your out, and when he does make sure you have some treats to give him and lots of praise. Ben now goes when out for his walks it just takes time to get used to going somewhere strange.

Cristina

·
Registered
12 Posts
We have the same problem, no matter how long we are out he still hangs on until we get home. Being a pup he has only got used to going in the garden

We have a motorhome the first time we took him out you could see he wanted to go, (I put it down to not used to going on the lead plus strange place). He has only been in the motorhome 3 times but has got the hang of it, the first night was the hardest, then no problem.

He is totally different at home, you can take him out but he will rush back for a wee in the garden

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for you replies

we had a minor breakthrough on sunday......we were near a small brook and i think the sound of water got to him, he stood watching the water and had a wee.
hasn't done it since but small steps !!

G

·
Hi Claire,

As above, Oscar was exactly the same at that age.

He would sometimes drag us home to go straight down the side path and into the garden for a wee :lol: I remember being so proud the first time he went for a wee on a walk, and I think that the fact we were so excited and praising encouraged him to do it again on future walks.

I think it's one of the those things that probably a lot of them go through, but grow out of it eventually.

Now Oscar will wee anywhere, and it's only when you hear other people commenting on how their puppy won't that you remember how much of a nightmare it used to be :D

Fingers crossed his first tinkle out of the garden becomes a regular occurance very soon.

Sarah x

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi sarah

thanks for your reply, at least i now know that its not only Harvey who has done this.
The silliest thing is that he almost has his own "wee wee dance" going on. He runs about at full pelt with his tail between his legs and the silliest grin on his face.
hopefully it sorts out though !
Claire x

·
Registered
14 Posts
No wee here either!

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with ZaK, I was hoping to find a magic answer!?!,

He is alot older but will not wee in the park. which means he disobeys me all the time because he's looking for somewhere to wee, and of course never actually goes!, I tried for 30 mins. Is this normal for his age? I would of thought he'd grow out of it.

Other than when he needs a wee he always comes back to me and does what he's told., thats why it's so annoying play time is cut short coz he can't go! :-x

Help...

maybe carry some of his wee, and pour it on the field?, disgusting but would it work?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i don't know about taking some with you but who knows.....!
all i can say is that harvey WILL do it now, actually there is no stopping him, it took us about 2 weeks of being out for ages at a time with him and eventually he went. A pocket full of treats for him helped too :D

Good luck, sorry i cant be of any help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts