Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Facebook

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We'd love to know how you came and found us, so we are running a little poll, please take a few moments to click and vote.

G

·
I think I was googling Elbow Dysplasia and this site came up. I say "I think", as it was such a long time ago, I can't actually remember. :lol:

·
Administrator
21,138 Posts
I was sittin 'ear asleep, and when I woke up someone 'ad built it around me! :oops:

But seriously, when Dave and Julie first formed LF they sent emails to a few people who might be interested. I tried to sign up at that time, in a half hearted sort of way, as I was already involved in another "All Breeds" forum, but a few weeks later, having fallen out with admin on the other forum I again tried to join LF, and this time was successful. At that time the membership was only just into single figures, and I managed to upset every one! Almost finished LF on my first day! But we went to PM's, explaining my thoughts and talked our differences away, and peace was restored.

John :D

PS. I put word of mouth, but nothing really fits. But thats the story of my life!!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Ha, another vote for an LF member. Another Many Tears fosterer had mentioned LF as a good place to showcase labs needing homes, and so far four of my lovely labby foster girls have found their forever homes, either directly with other LFers or indirectly... thank you LF!

I'm surprised that Facebook hasn't generated more members.

G

·
but a few weeks later, having fallen out with admin on the other forum I again tried to join LF, and this time was successful. At that time the membership was only just into single figures, and I managed to upset every one!
You're a bit of a trouble maker on the quiet, aren't you John. :wink: :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
Bratpack said:
...I'm surprised that Facebook hasn't generated more members.
Coz we're bad 'uns. 8O :p :wink:

I joined in October 2006.
I had been an avid 'lurker' for a while after doing a 'Google' for Labrador discussion.
I'd had Perro for nearly 18 months and had just got Harry so I thought I would join. :p

And if it wasn't for LF I wouldn't have Hollie. :roll:

Seriously though, LF has been invaluable for advice and information, and long may it continue. 8)

:D

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Whenever I searched for advice on problems I had with Harry and then Bella LF kept cropping up :roll: I didn't join initially because after my last experience with a forum I tended to steer clear of them. I'm really glad I took the plunge with LF :D

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
on trying to find out all i could about labs before we bought one I googled labs and LF came up.

I found it amazingly helpful and really am sure following guidelines laid down here led to us getting such a fantastic lab.

I lurked for a while before I took the plunge and joined as I have never been into forums but very glad I joined this one :D

xx

·
Premium Member
8,931 Posts
Erm, I have no idea but it was a long time before it was in this current format. I was one of the ones who stupidly paid a "donation" to keep it going only to be faced with having to pay subs a month or so later.

:evil:

As for other matters, I will say no more! :evil:

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
I was googling for info on labrador elbow stress fractures after being told that Luna had one by the vet. And here LF was! :D

·
Premium Member
8,931 Posts
John!! You're not still on that single malt are you?

Pmsl!!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts