Labradors Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again! I'm house training Benson at the moment and he has been at home with us since saturday and he's been doing so well with only the odd wee indoors, he has always gone out for poos. But, now it has been raining for the past two days and he does not like going outside. I take him out and he runs back inside so I shut the door behind us. I stay out for over half an hour sometimes with him, doing a mixture of playing with him and ignoring but he will spend most of the time at the door wanting to go back in or under our outside table where there is shelter. Then as soon as we go in he will have a wee, i'm probably doing something very wrong so all advice would be very welcomed, i will not believe that i have a lab that doesn't like water!! Many Thanks.

G

·
Benson is so lovely!!

I dont think you are doing anything wrong, although I am no expert. Marley is house trained now, but I have to say with the pouring rain last night it was a bit touch and go!!

Im sure someone has some expert advice!

Jayne

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi

I'm not sure I can help, just agree with you.

Salem has been with us nearly three weeks and today started to pee twice inside the house - very unusal for him. He seems to hate the wind and rain too!

I'm sure as he gets used to the wind and rain (first walkies this weekend) it will be fine (fingers crossed)...

Scott

G

·
I agree with Jayne, Roxie is also house trained but last night she wouldn't go to wee in the rain/wind and we ended up with a little puddle by the door. I think they just have to get used to the different types of weather. Mind you I don't think I'd want to do a wee outside in last night's awful weather either :roll:

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
:lol: :lol: Oh dear this does bring back memories.
I promise you, in a few years you will look back on this and smile, especially when your cute bundle (who doesnt like rain and water), has just gone swimming in the most disgusting pool of water they can find :roll: A lab not liking water 8O

I wouldn't worry too much, heavy rain is a new experience for a baby woof and it must take some getting used to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i didn't think it was poosible for a lab not to like water!! I'm so looking forward to the days when Benson can go swimming!!! Thank you for all the advice, i will persevere and i'm sure i'll end up liking the rain too one day! :) :)
From Ellie and Benson!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Truffle was exactly the same - wouldn't go outside for a wee in the rain! He's 20 weeks now and still doesn't like it, but he does go now so they will all get used to it. Make sure you have a good brollie and some wellies near the door, and stand outside in the rain with them. A wee and poo word comes in handy so they learn to perform on command in wet weather (we say 'outside'), but it will take a little while for them to learn that.

Hope this helps

Cat and Truffle

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Not sure i should rspond to this post. ie Sultan is 13 months.

I live where there is not much rain. But when it does , It rains.

I can/t get him out of the door. He will do a long jump to miss a puddle.

Why??????????,

He loves the sea, swimming, etc.

Poofy Labs, :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
I have the total opposite...i can;t get Alfie in. He runs up an down the garden til he make a good old muck puddle an then rolls... :roll: My light kitchne floor is now al mudy Alfie prints... sorry off topic. :oops:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts