Labradors Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I can finally use my 'wonder powder' Tilly has a hotspot - I have just dusted some on this morning havent piddled around with shaving or anything atm as the area the spot is it bald. I did this about 7.30 and the powder has all sunk in - how often do I reapply?

Ooohh they are HORRIBLE!!!!! Poor Tilly :(

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
It was a couple of years ago - but I just kept dabbing some more on with cotton wool every time it disappeared/sunk in. Worked really fast though!

·
Registered
20,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's Rob, vicky is sleeping.

Vicky used the FOS yesterday, i got home last night shaved around tillys hotspot washed it with hibi scrub and applied fuciderm. This is where we disagree - The hibi scrub and fuciderm are from the vets the last time she had a hot spot, this is all i have ever used and seemed to work. vicky says she has read the FOS is more effective as the hot spot needs to be dryed out and adding the cream will only slow this down.

has anyone used both? which is more effective?

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Rob - you can't really use both - the cream works by wetting the area and killing the microbugs causing the hot spot.
The FoS works by drying the area out - the microbugs like a wet environment, so if it's dry, they die off.

I'd agree with shaving it and washing it with hibiscrub, but personally I would then be using FoS, not cream.

But that is just personal opinion, if you're happy using the cream then stick with it - but it's probably best to use one or the other.

In regard to her first q about how often to use the powder - I used it maybe 3-4 times a day on my border collies back in Oz, and it was usually gone within 2 days.

Poor Tilly, hope she's feeling better soon!!!

·
Registered
20,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks all - we have opted for the FOS and its working a treat - discounting tillys scratching of course gggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

xxxxxxxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts