Labradors Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. My 4 year old male chocolate labrador keeps getting sore spots on his head and body, mainly on his hind legs. They originally started to occur when I kept him in kennels during a holiday. When I saw them, I decided to not put him kennels again, and have him stay with relatives he knows (like my mum and dad). He's had them flare up about 3-4 times now, but my concern is he keeps developing these sores.

He's currently got a bad sore on his head - the area has lost the fur, and it's red and constantly wet. I took him to the vets (they couldn't 100% tell me what it was but it looks like a hot spot) and they prescribed him two sets of antibiotics - one is steroid based. However it hasn't cleared up - I am going to put him back on to these, as I stopped due to him having excessive drinking and constantly wee-ing. It was clearing up, but today I saw it's back to being red raw. I've also been cleaning and spraying the area with Tea Tree Skin Calm spray with aloe vera.

Are there any other things I can do to try and stop these flaring up? I got some medicated Oatmeal shampoo that is for sensitive skin as he's always had a bit of dandruff, and he's on hypo-allergenic food for sensitive skin.

Any help is appreciated and I shall upload a photo later. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
Manuka honey is very good, you need the 15+.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts