Labradors Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, on our usual walk around the marina and woods, there were several dead bunnies, one was headless! Eddie has shown a penchant for chasing bunnies in the past couple of weeks, so these deceased souls were extremely interesting to him! I managed to get him to leave the bodies by being stern and shouting "Leave it" and gave lotsa praise when he did. Today, the headless body was gone, and I was thankful!! But lo and behold, he then brought me the bloomin' head 8O He danced around with it for a bit and eventually left it. He then found another body and managed to leave that one - :p but then, horror of horrors, proceeded to jump in the water and catch a duckling in his mouth :oops: :( I yelled at him to "leave it" a couple of times and he then dropped it - and it swam off with no visible injury (though must be totally shocked, poor thing). Eddie just stood there, with a look that said "But I got it for you Mummy". I was horrified! Our other lab, Lenny, would run towards ducks and stop, never chased them and certainly didn't swim to get them - Eddie is a different boy in every way. How on earth do I stop this before we're banned from every walk locally? Are we the only ones to have this? Please, someone tell me your labby does this too!!!!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Lordy! What a well trained lab you have <not at all sarcastically> I wouldn't have a hope of getting Dyl to leave dead bunnies :oops:. And I'm pretty sure the duckling would have been a light snack too :roll: :oops:.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts