Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning Rosie and I went on our usual walk. There's a big piece of common land abotu 2 miles away that has lots of woodland and open areas covered with gorse and pathways, and we both really enjoy walking up there. There are always other dogs and most people we've met are friendly doggy-orientated people, so there's always someone to say hello to.

But this morning a horrible thing happened and I have to say, I'm still in shock!

Rosie was running ahead of me with her ball, thoroughly enjoying herself, tail wagging away. I met a lady with a small dog, I think it was a schnauzer, called Lily. The dogs had been playing together and they were having a fine time. As we walked to the end of the pathway we could hear voices from the path rounding a corner behind the gorse; which is where we were headed. Rosie was running ahead, Lily was at our heels.

Rosie rounded the corner, and then I heard this very loud, slightly affected tone say, "Oh my goodness; just what we've been talking about. Yet another cross-breed; and what a hideously ugly one too."

I was absolutely shocked. Obviously the woman had no idea how close we were, but regardless of that - who the hell does she think she is? We rounded the corner to see two ladies in their 50's, carrying large walking sticks and wearing green quilted padded jackets with silk scarves & hunter wellies, walking two, very handsome, and obviously full-pedigree Golden Retrievers.

I was so shocked and so appalled that anybody would label my dog as worthless because she's not a full-breed; not least because I think she's absolutely bueatiful. The lady I was with had a quicker wit about her than I did, because she turned to me as we walked past and said, "Goodness, just what we've been talking about. Yet another rude owner."

Unfortunately by then I was so upset I'd gone all tearful and silly. If I met this woman again now, I'd probably give her the sharp end of my tongue, but I was so shocked when it happened I just didn't know what to say!!

Here are some pictures of Rosie. She's not full-breed, and her pedigree is definitely long and very checkered, but I still think she's bueatiful. And even if she wasn't - what a horrible way to look at a dog! Even if Rosie was the ugliest dog in the world, she gives us so much love and laughter.

·
Registered
8,268 Posts
Jeez what rude women!!! Rosie looks lovely to me - just ignore them, and if you do ever see them again, then have your response ready!

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
She looks all gorgeous lab to me, what a lovely gentle expression on her face she has :D

I would just forget what the snooty old women said, what the heck do they know anyway :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
She's one hundred percent beautiful.

I'd had said to that awful woman...... ooooh look a cross between a nun sucking a lemon and a slapped ar$e, how unattractive!!!!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I can't believe that there are such rude people out there :evil: What a horrible thing to say, she sounds stuck up and a complete snob! If you come across her again i would give her a piece of your mind now that you have had the chance to get over the initial shock, but that's just me.

I have to say i think Rosie is very cute and looks adorable. Keep enjoying her and ignore stupid people like these.

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
What a horrid person. Rosie is beautiful :love7: but you already know that.

I am wondering where you live as I know of someone on another forum who has a crossbreed dog (not Lab related) and she was out with him once when some snooty cow stopped to tell her he was ugly and that he should have been pts! :evil: :evil: I can think of who should have been pts and it wasn't the dog.

The woman must be so stuck up her own behind and possibly so bl**dy miserable herself, that she has nothing decent to say to anyone else.

I really have no idea why anyone feels the need to comment on someone else's dog like that. I'm afraid you do get people that look down on dogs who aren't "purebred" and don't have a glowing pedigree, but **** them, a dog is a dog and all are wonderful. They don't care about their pedigree or what they look like, they just want to enjoy life. We could learn a thing or two from them.

:grouphuuug:

·
Registered
8,268 Posts
Moj said:
She's one hundred percent beautiful.

I'd had said to that awful woman...... ooooh look a cross between a nun sucking a lemon and a slapped ar$e, how unattractive!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
OMG! That's not just rude it's plain obnoxious... and totally incorrect! She is gorgeous. What a nasty woman!!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
they are stuck up tarts who dont know what they are talking about you have a lovely dog dont let them upset you ok

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
OMG how totally rude, the silly old bat. Why some PeoPle can't keeP their stuPid mouths shut is just beyond me.

Take no notice, Rosie is gorgeous.

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Why do people have to be so damned rude, think I`d have said something like, "She may be ugly to you but she`s my best friend and I bet thats more than you`ve got!! :D

Rosie is gorgeous but you already know that because she`s your girl and you love her :D

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Rosie

Rosie is a lovely girl - I think the silly woman needs the help which so many beautiful, brave and clever crossbreeds provide - in other words, a Guide Dog.

Try to put her predjudiced(sp?) comments out of your mind.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
It wouldn't matter if she was a pedigree or a lab x, Rosie is a gorgeous girl and those nasty women had no rights saying such rude things.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
well rosie looks beautiful to me! :D

the woman is obviously an opinionated, sad stuck up moo with nothing better to do or say :evil:

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
What a nasty, nasty minded woman :evil: :cry: How anyone could ever use the word ugly to describe any animal on this Earth, is beyond me. No animal is ugly, it's people like her who are ugly.
I would have been very upset and hurt if I heard someone describe any of my pets in that manner - I'm usually pretty reserved, but I would have given her a piece of my mind. Silly old bag! Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts