• Not yet - but we plan too :)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

As the summer is very nearly here, i thought it would be nice to get some ideas of 'dog friendly' holidays & accomodation for the UK and abroad.

When we return from our travels, i would imagine where possible we will be taking Brad with us on any future holidays, and there are many places around now that are so well equipped for dogs.

Here's a good place to start if you are searching for UK holiday accomodation:

http://www.dogsinvited.co.uk/

If you are thinking of taking your lab abroad, you'll need to follow the pet passport scheme:

http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quarantine/index.htm

How do you feel about leaving your lab with dog sitters or kennels if family aren't always available?

It's not always possible to take your lab with you everywhere, and there are some great services available these days. I've added a few links to our links section for pet sitters etc., If anyone else knows of anymore, please feel free to add them to the links section.

Has anyone ever taken their lab on a boating holiday? I've always wanted to go on a canal boat holiday! lol

I've attached a poll also. :D

Happy holidays! 8)

Julie

·
Registered
16,475 Posts
We are off to Great Yarmouth in September with Hershey we went last year staying in a friends cottage down there it is 2 minutes from the beach and Hershey loves it not that he goes and swims last year we went in October and both me and Hubbie had to paddle in to get him in it was freezing......

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Hi :)

We're off to Cyprus a week Sunday, and even though I'm looking forward to it, I'm not looking forward to leaving Harvey :(

We booked it last summer, long before we had him - and even though we discussed the holiday before buying him, I didnt realise what a wrench it would be leaving him.

He's going to Richs parents, so I know he will be spoilt, and will love it, but I will still be sad leaving him. God job it's only a week!!

From now on I think it's holiday with Harvey :D

Fay

·
Registered
16,475 Posts
I am also off to Melbourne on Wednesday adn I have to leave my baby at home with my dad he already knows somethings up cos the cases are out and he keeps looking at them and then at me then he takes his teddies and places them in the case as if to say I am coming too.... :cry:

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Fay & Mel, 8)

Hope you both have great holidays - labforums will miss you!!

I'm sure Harvey & Hershey will be fine, just think of all those excited licks and kisses you are going to get when you come back. :wink:

Found another useful website, which has a free booklet regarding animal health in Europe - it covers all of the main topics including ticks, mosquitos, sandflies etc.in an easy to read, concise ten page booklet:

Here's the link for the site:

http://www.dogsaway.co.uk/

All the best,

Julie

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
You're tellling me :lol: Think how long it will take me to read all the posts when I get back!!!! :D

·
Premium Member
8,852 Posts
Cumon you guys! Get with it and get those pet passports sorted out! It's not hugely expensive. Travelling in Europe with dogs is a synch! Both mine regularly pop into Spain with me, stay in hotels and go into restaurants. Then you can come and visit me! Labbies welcome! :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,852 Posts
LOL! I've plenty of room for tents and 4 acres of labbie proofed grounds, a set of agility equipment and a labbie swimming pool! Check out my website www.frenchsecrets.co.uk. :lol: :lol: It says no dogs but exceptions always made for good labbie friends!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts