Labradors Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi's!

Hard to believe but we have our 2week Holiday coming up at the start of June 2014. We booked this almost over a year ago; looking for holidays for last summer but then decided against it and thought to pay something up for this year.

I never got Sonny until the end of November last year so It's only now that I think ''Ohh Ohh' what am I going to do with him.

Idealy; I'd like to keep him at home in my mums house where he is comfortable and have a set-up of people coming in but it's not really an option with her work-shifts and don't have enough to rely on.

So, I need to consider my options. Perhaps 'dotandmegan' would know more about these because she is the closest member to me and is from Ayrshire too.

What options are recommend? - Sonny will be 8-months and 2weeks seems an awful long time to leave him :(

·
Registered
976 Posts
I'm not in your area but Toby goes to a lovely couple who do home boarding. I think that would be your best option for a young chap like Sonny. There are chains that organise it or you might get a recommendation from someone.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

What's the setup for Home Boarding like? Do they sleep in crates or what in the home?

I've been recomend a Kennel which is meant to be very popular and busy and it's £12 per night - However, Sonny actually comes from a Kennel breeder, I just personally think it'll be a stressful and anxious environment to put him in for two weeks.

I have found a 'Boarding' place which is like 5mile / 15minutes (roughly same distance as kennel above I think) - It looks very neat and promising but double the price - £23 per day with dog sleeping in house it says.

Ayrshire Dog Care - http://www.ayrshiredogcare.co.uk/

·
Registered
976 Posts
The lovely people who baord my Toby have 2 girlie labs of their own. They have
baskets and beds downstairs. I think the majority of home boarders have dogs in their houses - the idea being that it is as close to being at home as possible for the animal. I would never put Toby in kennels again. It was fine for our other lab but he's a more reserved type of boy and thrives on the attention he gets at the home boarder.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts