Labradors Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been given a challenge by my BIL to find a long weekend holiday in under two weeks time (don't you just love men's planning in advance :wink: ).

We are not fussy and are happy in either a caravan, lodge or cottage however it must take 4 adults and at least 6 dogs. We need it to be not more than about 4 hours drive away (we live in south Essex) and available from 4th Sept - 7th.

Any ideas, anyone????

·
Registered
9,913 Posts
LOL Good Luck Jules...let us know how you get on as the only thing we seem to be able to book is camping if we want to take more than 3 dogs.

Maybe another option would be would be to rent two caravans somewhere together and have three dogs in each unit.

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Not any help for Jules as it's Pembrokeshire (so I think too far away), there are no Sep vacancies and I'm not sure if they offer part-week breaks, but Den, have you looked at Little Dumpledale?

http://www.littledumpledale.co.uk/

Definitely "many dog" friendly. We took four and I think they've had up to about 9 in one cottage (well house, we stayed in Little Dumpledale with four adults and four dogs and had tons of space).

?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks folks, keep 'em coming. Some great suggestions so far and I'll definitely be saving them for next year but so far everywhere has been booked up :? .

I shall keep looking though, as there must be something available somewhere, even if it is in two caravans.

?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well no luck so far. Most are already booked and many others will only allow 2-3 dogs and had one snotty email reply saying they didn't know of ANYONE who would let to people with 6 DOGS (like we were aliens or insane or something) :roll: .

You have given me some great suggestions for next year though....I'll just have to get in quicker.

Looks like we could all be going away in my sisters tiny (and I mean tiny) touring caravan. Oh well at least we won't be cold with 4 of us plus 6 dogs in there :lol:. Now I wonder if I could get an awning for it in the next week and a bit ....Hmmm.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
i have no suggestions other than the old piggery in norfolk which helen already suggested.
When i was looking last year, i had some replies like that... As tho we were mad. Some people diem't even bother to reply! Whereas Sue at the piggery was so helpful and couldn't have been nicer. You could stay there as a non dog owner and never guess dogs had been in there :) it was lovely. Highly recommended and we've just booked in for march :)
hope you find somewhere

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
What about Honeysuckle Homestead, the place we stayed at for the Charity Day last weekend? It's cheap and cheerful, but the breakfasts were brill and the owners couldn't have been nicer. Very dog friendly and seemed like a good base for exploring the local area.

They also have a self-catering flat that I think would be big enough to accommodate your whole party incl the woofs :D

http://www.honeysucklehomestead.co.uk/index.html

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Hi Jules

You could try here... http://www.brandyhouse.u-net.com/
We stayed here on June and it was lovely.We had 5 dogs and 4 adults,a double and a twin room (in the cottage) They also do b and b in the main farmhouse. We also had 3 horses!!
It's on the Shropshire/Mid Wales Border.Not too sure how far that is from you.Highly recommended.

Barbara

1 - 16 of 16 Posts