Labradors Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, before I start trawling the Internet for dog friendly holidays I wondered if anybody has any recommendations.

It's for a week in November for four people and our Albie & Lola. Ideally we'd like a cottage with good walks for all of us and ideally near a beach.

If you have any ideas I'd love to hear them.

Thanks

Gregg :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
dog holidays

hi

we stayed in charmoth dorset in may in the following cottage booked with lyme bay holidays ref no k4566.

we took our choc lab ruby .
lots of walks local and within a short drive also 5 mins walk to a dog friendly beach .
2 bedrooms so will sleep 4

would recommend it

stevec

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jabbythistle and Steve :)

They look really nice. Will check out some dates.

Thank you

Gregg

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
We are just back from trenay barns, st Neot Cornwall, doggie friendly, we loved it, there is another thread wi pics :D

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
We went to this lodge in Chirnside Scotland a couple of years ago. The lodge was gorgeous with stunning views and some lovely places to walk. The owners live close by and left a small welcome parcel of food including sausages, bacon, fresh salmon, tea, coffee, milk, butter. There is an outdoor pen for dogs if you go out but the woman that owns the lodge told us that she was fine for the dogs to stay in the lodge if we wanted to go out somewhere and couldn't take them, as long as they stayed in a crate. I wouldn't have used the outdoor pen.

Bamburgh beach is just a few miles away and dog friendly, we also went seeing Bamburgh castle. Lindisfarne (holy island) is also close by and a nice place to visit (as long as you check the tide times first as the tide blocks the exit off from the island at certain times).

We were lucky when we went as it was April and the weather was gorgeous so we enjoyed a good few BBQ's. There's also a lodge next door owned by the same couple called the Oak. Both the lodge and the oak allow up to 2 dogs and sleep up to 6 people. We had a great time there, Inca loved trying to chase the rabbits round the garden. :roll: :lol:

Edited to add the link of the post i made (with pics) when we returned.

http://www.hoseasons.co.uk/cottages/whitehall-holidays-S4603#activeTabId=cottageInfo

http://www.labradorforums.co.uk/ftopict-87518.html

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Www.eastrustoncottages.co.uk
In Norfolk near the coast and she has lots of dog friendly cottages and I mean really dog friendly. We have been for several years in a row to The Piggery and we normally have 8 dogs there :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you very much for the info guys. Ill be going through it all over the weekend.

Appreciate it

Gregg :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Most of the cottages from Welcome Cottages are dog friendly.

We stayed in Warkworth, Northumberland last year. Easy walking distance to a glorious dog friendly beach, loads of walks from the cottage and dog friendly pubs!!

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Cant recommend East Rushton enough as per Sam's comments, we stayed at the Tender in May and nothing was too much trouble for the hosts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts