Labradors Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I,ve just got back from a few days away with hubby for my Birthday pressie to be greeted by a lovely hole in my living room carpet :x . My daughter who was dog minding is past herself we are not sure who did it but it's there about the size of a 50p piece, does anyone know about repairs or do i ring the insurance company and let them sort it.

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
50p sized is quite workable, you can buy (or borrow from a carpet fitter) a little cutting tool that cuts a nice neat circle out of your carpet (sort of like a bscuit cutter for carpets)

You then do the same on a spare bit of carpet (or a bit hidden under a cupboard/couch if you have no spare) and slot it into the hole.
Even with patterned carpets it can't be noticed afterwards :)

You could call you insurance but i tend not to for small things, plus pet damage isn't usually covered.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I wouldn't call insurance - you probably have an excess and this can be done very cheaply so not worth it.

We had a hamster who had one of these circular stacking cages and prised the plug out of the hole in his cage floor - stupid me had sat the cages tower directly on the carpet instead of on a metal tray :roll: So when we lifted the cage Marco (as in Polo, the Explorer) had made a lovely neat hole in the carpet. We'd not long moved in and had a bit of carpet left over and the fitter popped by a did it in 2 mins so we slipped him a tenner (was a while ago :oops: ) I honestly couldn't see the join no matter how I tried - he used adhesive under the carpet and lined up the pile of the patch.

Get a fitter's number and explain your predicament - no doubt he'll have a good laugh and be able to help you out :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts