Labradors Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my murphy sways a little when out for his exercise, on running he looks okay but walking he looks like a model on a cat walk, swinging his bum, since he was attacked his bad leg seems to bend inwards not alot. I have read all about hip problems in puppies and we watch his weight and only exercise once a day,he is now 5 months and is in no pain. What should I be looking out for or am I worrying over a little sway, my mother in law who used to own Labs and Alsations thinks he looks normal and says this movement is common
penny

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Hi Penmic
I really think we can get a little paranoid over movement, although it has been said that if a puppy sways it can mean hip dysplasia, but I do not think always. Just treat him carefully do not over excercise as I am sure you do not, wait and see. Get him x-rayed at 1 year if he has no problems in the meantime. Obviously if you find he has problems then you should have him seen before.

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi try not to worry to much. We had a post about this problem recently, i would give you a link to it but i can't find it as of yet! I bet one of the other members can find it. Have a look through the posting you may come across it. :D

Cristina

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Some do tend to have a swing to their walk anyway. It's usually the bunny hopping gait that indicates the possibility of HD, but the only way to diagnose it is by xray when they're older. It's understandable to panic, but I wouldn't worry about it, you are doing the right things by limiting exercise and paying attention to diet and weight gain.
HTH :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts