Labradors Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am new to this forum and this is my first post.
I selected my yellow boy a week or so ago now and he will be ready to come home on the 1st of October. After asking all the usual question to the breeder i asked about the food that they were eating at the moment and they said Hills puppy. I am aware that this is an expensive range but this dose not bother me one bit, but i have searched the puppy and diet/nutrition section and nobody seems to have discussed this before.

Has anyone had experience of raising a puppy on Hills?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Hello and welcome :D

Lana was fed JWB, so sorry no experience of Hills here, but am sure someone will be :D

Look forward to seeing your bundle of joy when he comes home :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi. I was recomended hills when Paddy was a puppy. I used it untill he was 12 monthes old. No real probs with it. I did find that Paddy was a little lose at times. I now have Paddy and Missy and use James Wellbeloved. Both dogs love it. Hope this is of help. :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information.

I think i will keep him on that and see how hes goes for the first month or 2.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Coal was on Hills when he came home. however it wasn't really suiting him so i changed. I'd see how your pup is doing once he comes home as it is a good food just didn't suit my pup

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I know all pups are different, but I'd recommend Hills Puppy to anyone.

Take a look a the pic of my cocker pups in the FT Section, they're on Hills, and are absolutely stomping pups.

I would n't use another puppy food. Though my adult dogs are fed on Skinners.

Andrew

?

·
0 Posts
I think it suits some dogs more than others, just like any food really. The only one I've had on Hills was Oyster but although she looked well on it, she pooed 8-10 times a day and it was very runny and urgent (sorry for TMI)....as soon as I changed her to Royal Canin her stomach settled. Yet I've known other pups which do really well on it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
My puppy was on Hills as recommended by the vet and have now changed to JWB which suits him. My sisters dogs are fed on Hills and she wouldn't feed them anything else either - suppose it depends on what suits the puppy. Just be careful not to change the diet too quickly when you get him as this can upset their tums.

Anyway, welcome to LF and cant wait to see pics of your new arrival.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts