Labradors Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone elses lab suffer with the hicups?

Bailey gets them quite often - he's currently lying on my feet waiting for me to finish my rice pudding so he can have the pot with a serious case!!

It's quite funny because he's trying to ignore them and concentrate on the pot but he's not doing very well :(

If i crept up on him and scared him doyou think they'd go?? :p

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
hi kaye
this was one of the first questions i asked on here cos max suffered with hiccups constantly when he was tiny.
when i asked the vet about it he told me not to worry as some dogs are very prone to it.
max still gets at least one bout a day :lol:

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's good.

Bailey is nearly two now and i still find it quite amusing - he tends to go through phases - one week nothing then 3-4 times a day and he looks so cross too :p

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Yep,

Ben gets the hiccups too, he sits there jumping up and down pretending not to notice, it is so funny..lol

Cristina

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
max tends to get mad with himself and normally chases his tail :lol: it works cos when he bites his tail his hiccups stop :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I suppose i should have been some what more concerned but Bailey looks so funny and he's so noisy with it too :oops:

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Hi all....

In old days they said a growing baby wud always get hiccups ......But for the grown up a sip of water does help with the hiccups....evern an upset tummy or spicy food cud give one hiccups..... Frodo goes into weird poses to stop his hiccups it works for him....nature has it own ways to teach our labbies.....

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
hiya

rosze suffers from the hiccups sometimes she nearly gets thrown out the house because my hubby thinks she is going to be sick..lol..
she mostly gets them after her dinners and after a mad play with brandy...lol..

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Corbie also got them quite a lot when he was little, he still gets them now and again but not as much - he's 6 months old now. :)

He just 'hiccups' out the other end now :lol:

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Karen said:
He just 'hiccups' out the other end now :lol:
Lol Karen - how true! Careful, you'll get Paul started on 'that' subject!

Smudge used to get them all the time up until recently (8 months) and it was so sweet - felt really sorry for him though because I know how annoying it is as a human!

All the best,
Nic
X

1 - 15 of 15 Posts