Labradors Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

We are collecting our Black lab on friday. We're really excited and can't believe what we've actually let ourselves in for! We've been to see him a few times and fell in love straight away!

Any last minute advice or info on preparations we can do that will make our lab feel more at home will be gratefully received!

Will try to post some pics at the weekend once he's settled in.

Kitty xxx :p

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Welcome to LF - bet you can't wait to get your pup.

Corbie came home to us with a piece of blanket that was in with the litter to give him a familiar smell, so don't know if you have or are able to take something of yours for the pup to get to know before you pick him up Fri?

I can't recommend using a crate enough either. Thankfully Corbie loved his straightaway.

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Hi and welcome to LF

I agree with Karen, take along a piece or material or clothing and scent it before you leave the rest of the litter, and also get the pup used to a crate from an early age.

Best of luck when you pick the pup up and look forward to seeing some photos and safe journey :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you!

Thanks so much everyone for all your nice wishes - I'll let you know how I get on picking him up on Friday - and will try to get some pics too xxx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts