Discussion Starter #1
hello
we have just got our first lab
he's chocolate coloured and called Duke
he's 8 weeks old
we've had him for 4 days
just one quick question for the moment
he likes shoes, slippers & trainers
should we give him an old trainer to play with (rip up)
or should we nip this habit in the bud now

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
hi there,
welcome to the site. you will find the answers to most of the questions and problems (and believe me you will have both being a labby owner :lol: ) on the site. never be afraid to ask any question how ever stupid it may seem. some one will be able to help. as for shoes, nip it in the bud now or you will be without foot ware for the rest of your lives :D. labs have this adorable habit of chewing every thing and any thing. plenty of tough toys being the answer. when duke starts to chew something hes not supposed to a firm no and offer a toy. my max is now 5 months old and i need eyes in the back of my head. but all the hard work is worth it in the long run.
hope this helps.
jane and max.

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Our choc pup who's 9 weeks old loves my old trainers, slippers, etc as well.

He is sneaky and I always catch him dashing down the hall everyday with one of my partner's slippers in his mouth which I have to rescue - although they are both still in one piece!

I work from home and if I can't play with him when he wants me to if I'm busy he'll start to amuse himself with non-toy objects (even though he is surrounded by his toys!), so I have to give him one of his toys then and he'll carry on playing with that. Tiring work keeping track of the mischief, especially as he's getting bigger and more inquisitive! :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi
we were quite lucky i think. When Jess was little, I gave her my old trainers and if she tried to steal any other shoes we just said NO and gave hers. I am amazed but it worked for us. Jess has never attacked anyones shoes. She totally destroyed hers, and when they were gone that was that. I wouldn't recommend this for everyone though!
Kate

1 - 5 of 5 Posts